Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Timeshift saver

Page 4 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
andyfras
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3457
glenmcfar wrote:
Its a good one, but it won't help any of your current recordings, only stuff you record AFTER applying it.

So I've only got about a hundred crime dramas to get through before I see the effect then.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
andyfras
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Having installed the patch, I just did another test. It worked OK, but when I checked the Sound Track options, it just had AUTO and Track 01 again.

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
andyfras wrote:
So I've only got about a hundred crime dramas to get through before I see the effect then.
You can "repair" old recordings using RecordingFixer, but that won't remove the "Auto" delay.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
it just had AUTO and Track 01 again.
Is that every time you play it? I thought your previous remark suggested you re-played the previous bad file and it was better -- or was it a separate recording? Given that [Ra] needs to exist at all, there's probably some other issues in there with the random choice of audio track -- just strange that none of my tests have uncovered it. Confused

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
I notice the first version loads and works under 5.12.25.

But v0.2 won't load. A problem with grabbing the current date/time i expect Sad

v0.4 loads though Very Happy Very Happy
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Confused v0.4 is v0.2 with some extra bits that make it more likely to not be applicable. But they all share the same TAP ID (as normal) so you can't run a different version when one is already running... Plus, there should be a prompt on screen if the firmware isn't supported.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
I'm not getting any on failure screen messages.

tap commander won't show 0.2 as loaded and it doesn't work.

I may have fooled it by loading 0.1, unloading with tap commander and running 0.4. If that's it, i'm getting 0.4 functionality though.

Will reboot later and find out.

EDIT: Rebooted. And 0.4 loads fine.

Last edited by Andy K on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
andyfras
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
andyfras wrote:
it just had AUTO and Track 01 again.
Is that every time you play it? I thought your previous remark suggested you re-played the previous bad file and it was better -- or was it a separate recording? Given that [Ra] needs to exist at all, there's probably some other issues in there with the random choice of audio track -- just strange that none of my tests have uncovered it. Confused

I have done three separate tests, all on BBC1.

The first recording had no sound (AUTO and Track 01).

The second recording had sound (AUTO, eng, eng).

The third recording, after Ra installation, had sound (AUTO and Track 01).

I have tried replaying the first one numerous times and there is never any sound (apart from the occasional audio description). It was quite long, it spanned three different programmes, so I checked at various points throughout the recording. They were all the same.

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
The first one had no sound (AUTO and Track 01).
So I'm not chasing my tail (and possible 5.12.25 bugs), this one had proper sound when you were actually timeshifting on it (not watching live)?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
andyfras wrote:
The first one had no sound (AUTO and Track 01).
So I'm not chasing my tail (and possible 5.12.25 bugs), this one had proper sound when you were actually timeshifting on it (not watching live)?

I think so. The reason I have a slight doubt is that I may have paused it for a minute or so before changing channels, so I would not have heard the audio. But having said that, I have never had a problem with missing sound while timeshifting in the past.

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
I think so.
Well, can it be repaired using RecordingFixer (either way)? If it can then the data is there and the header is wonky -- otherwise it was broken before TSSaver got to it. If the former then the next thing to do is to chop it down to a few minutes and upload it somewhere for me to look at.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Feb 2006 Posts: 205 Location: Hannington
R2-D2 wrote:
Confused v0.4 is v0.2 with some extra bits that make it more likely to not be applicable. But they all share the same TAP ID (as normal) so you can't run a different version when one is already running... Plus, there should be a prompt on screen if the firmware isn't supported.
Should v0.4 support 5.13.65? (I get the Firmware unsupported message) If not, is v0.3 still available somewhere so I can roll back, please.

TAPs: Control Lock V1.1; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; SecCache (UK) v0.4; Surfer v0.14; TF5000 Display v1.43; TSSaver v0.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/13
?
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote
humphrey1 wrote:
Should v0.4 support 5.13.65?
Yes, it should. Confused But there are loads of bits it has to look in the firmware for, and I may have missed that certain patches may prevent those lookups. Smile Rolling Eyes Confused

To save me some time, can you upload your specific firmware somewhere so I can check it?

Edit: [Tf] is one... still looking for more...

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Feb 2006 Posts: 205 Location: Hannington
R2-D2 wrote:
To save me some time, can you upload your specific firmware somewhere so I can check it?

Can't seem to at the minute Sad Will have to wait till tonight now I'm afraid, although should be as my signature.

TAPs: Control Lock V1.1; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; SecCache (UK) v0.4; Surfer v0.14; TF5000 Display v1.43; TSSaver v0.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/13
?
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quote
humphrey1 wrote:
Can't seem to at the minute
No worries -- I think it's just [Tf], which required another small change anyway.

TSSaver v0.5 adds compatibility with [Tf].