<  TAP and patch development  ~  Timeshift saver

Page 2 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
mossman wrote:
the archive has it as 0 mins
Which archive, and where exactly? It is supposed to set the duration to a minimum of 1 min to avoid problems, and it certainly appears to do that for me (in both the native and MyStuff archive views).

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 582 Location: South of Birmingham, TX: Sutton Coldfield
R2-D2 wrote:
mossman wrote:
the archive has it as 0 mins
Which archive, and where exactly? It is supposed to set the duration to a minimum of 1 min to avoid problems, and it certainly appears to do that for me (in both the native and MyStuff archive views).
The native Toppt archive list )remember that MS archive puts it in Badfiles). If you highlight the recording in that native archive, the info at the bottom of the native list states the programme name etc, then a size of "51MB (0 MIN)".

This was for a recording of 1min 31 secs.

MS archive (in the Badfiles folder) gives a length of 0MB 0 min (which is why it's in Badfiles I guess Wink).

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
mossman wrote:
The native Toppt archive list
Does it do that for every such file, then? (Hmm... wonder if [Rh] is an issue/feature here...)

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 582 Location: South of Birmingham, TX: Sutton Coldfield
R2-D2 wrote:
mossman wrote:
The native Toppt archive list
Does it do that for every such file, then? (Hmm... wonder if [Rh] is an issue/feature here...)
I've tried it twice so far, on BBC1 and BBC News, with the same outcome. Funnily enough, the file size was the same on both though (51MB) even though I did not specifically time the first one.

File plays perfectly otherwise.

Bit stuck at the moment as the wife has now commandeered the TV. Sad

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
I can't get it to do anything for me Confused I press Pause and switch channel and I get no file what-so-ever in either Archive. Could it be load order related? Does this have to come before MyStuff for example?

CW

mossman
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
I can't get it to do anything for me Confused I press Pause and switch channel and I get no file what-so-ever in either Archive. Could it be load order related? Does this have to come before MyStuff for example?

CW
Ah, I got it to work yesterday by unpausing (carry on watching timeshift) the change channel (P+ or P-, hitting a numeric button just gives a percentage box ..... with no channel change).

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
I press Pause and switch channel
You're not behind live, then. The system doesn't start playing (and so put you behind live) until you unpause (or rewind, if you have timeshifting on all the time). If it saved the buffer in all circumstances then your disk would end up a right mess...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
mossman wrote:
I've tried it twice so far, on BBC1 and BBC News, with the same outcome.
It's just the duration that's an issue -- I get a problem with [Rh] applied (DOH!) but that's not in the patch list in your sig...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
mossman wrote:
I've tried it twice so far, on BBC1 and BBC News, with the same outcome.
It's just the duration that's an issue -- I get a problem with [Rh] applied (DOH!) but that's not in the patch list in your sig...

Ah, erm..... now how sall I put this .....

Yes, I know. Idea

Ahem.

You assume that my patch list is up to date

Apologies, I DO have Rh loaded. Embarassed (sig now corrected;))

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quote
mossman wrote:
I DO have Rh loaded.
And I'm not sure why I don't... Smile

TSSaver v0.3 will get the duration right even with [Rh] loaded...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your efforts on this - loading it up shortly, testing will be later as once agaon the wife has got the TV (watching a Star Trek Next Gen dvd)

mossman
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Just tried it (v0.3) - as soon as I hit P+ whilst watching timeshift, the Toppy crashed/rebooted. Sad

However, there was a timer recording just starting (Spooks/BBC3, probably at exactly the same time as I hit P+), was this just bad timing and it highlighted a separate issue somewhere else in the Toppy firmware or MyStuff? I won't be able to confirm until after the Spooks recording has finished (as I don't want to risk losing it).

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
mossman wrote:
there was a timer recording just starting
That shouldn't be significant. Can you reproduce the problem?

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quote
Tried it again late last night, no timer recording active. Worked perfectly, no crashes, and the resultant file was correctly named, and with a length of 2mins. Appeared OK in the MS archive as well. Played back OK, with the bookmark at the correct place (the point at which I changed channels).

Tried this morning with an active recording (BBC3 channel) whilst timeshifting BBC1 (as I did yesterday when the crash happened), again it was OK, no crashes, and the saved timeshift recording was OK.

So maybe the crash is unrelated?

The only thing that I have not tried to reproduce is the exact conditions from last night, mainly because it would probably need split-second timing for me to change channel at the same time as a MS CT recording was starting.

As an afterthought, I have had occasional crashes in the past when using P+ under circumstances that I have never been able to reproduce. But saying that I tend to use P+/P- pretty frequently (many times a day, especially when channel-surfing), the number of crashes has been infinitesimally small (maybe a total of three or four).

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
mossman wrote:
it would probably need split-second timing for me to change channel at the same time as a MS CT recording was starting.
Are you sure it was exactly the same time? It could be that the system is reacting to the channel change and timer starting at the same time, but it shouldn't appear to be behind live on both... Are you running [Kt]?