Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Passing Keys onto next TAP

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
cazlar
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Mar 2005 Posts: 121 Location: Back in Sydney!
I'm on a TF5000PVRt. So yep, that's probably the reason (I didn't realise the .rec structure was different between models).
BobD
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
Only slightly different. If you do like the look of this TAP I will add support for your version (especially if you'd like to test it!) when I get time. At the moment I am working on my internal bug & feature lists.

Cheers
peteru
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 79 Location: Sydney, Australia
simonc wrote:
You'll probably have to muck around with the file paths in build.bat. Does anyone have a standard environment I wonder?

The BerliOS project provides a standard build infrastructure. It's as easy as typing "make", you can even rapidly switch between different versions of the TAP API, just by setting one environment variable. No need to use the build.bat files with hard coded paths at all.

The project page - http://developer.berlios.de/projects/tap/
The web view of repository - http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/tap/trunk

This also provides a good way of sharing your source code with other developers.

You are welcome to join in and use all the facilities.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Bob,

BobD wrote:
Does that mean that you had no display problems (ie blebs etc)?

I got a bad interaction with Improbox when starting a recording. It appeared in the top left hand corner and I couldn't get it to disappear.

Hum. I think is caused by my attempts to stop the display flickering. Sometimes it would (because of the method I use for converting from blocks to seconds) flip from eg 3s to 4s and then back to 3! Yikes. So I just tried to stabalise it a bit more, and this was the result.

Quote:
If I follow you here, you are saying that for -2.45 you think it should show -2m? I decided to make it flip on -2.30 as I thought that would be more useful, but you could be right.

It is actually flipping at around 2.45. 2.30 might be the right time to flip it, but it I was to use this tap I would display seconds as well, even above 1minute.

Quote:
Did you find it useful and worth having (when these problems have been sorted out)?

Not sure, it doesn't seem to give anything that the standard operation of the box doesn't aleady give. Please correct me if I am wrong. IMO the only reason I would use it is if it replaced the current way of doing things and it looked nicer.

Quote:
Actually, I have moved on to my second TAP (which is working much better) and have decided possibly to merge the two.

this sounds interesting as well. I will download it tomorrow and have a play. By the way, it sounds a bit like UKTimers TAP that Darkmatter is working on. Maybe it would be better to join that project team and provide help into making that better. They do not have the all incompassing view you are talking about at the moment but I think it is on their radar,

Cheers

Chunkywizard

BobD
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Cheers for getting back chunkywizard

That sounds like the display problems I was having, which did seemed to coincide with ImproBox popping up (sometimes). I think I must be doing something wrong with my regions.

Quote:
Not sure, it doesn't seem to give anything that the standard operation of the box doesn't aleady give. Please correct me if I am wrong. IMO the only reason I would use it is if it replaced the current way of doing things and it looked nicer.
The intention was that it would be a display that automatically popped up when need (ie when the position changed). At the moment, unless you have ImproBox popped up (which takes up space unless you have it resize the screen), or the progress bar (which I just don't like) you can't tell how far through a playback you are when you are fastforwarding etc. On Sky+ you get a similar display so that you can tell where you are.

I guess I find it useful for things like skipping ads, or just finding out how much of the program you have left, without taking up too much screen space.

My new recordings TAP displays viewed and remaining times, so I am tweaking the logic for that anyway, and may well come up with a much better version soon (though I will have less time to work on things next week).

Quote:
By the way, it sounds a bit like UKTimers TAP that Darkmatter is working on. Maybe it would be better to join that project team and provide help into making that better. They do not have the all incompassing view you are talking about at the moment but I think it is on their radar,
I'll do a forum search to find out more about that.

Cheers
BobD
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
As cazlar pointed out, the current version of this TAP will crash the Toppy if you use it to try to play a currently recording program. I have fixed this in my latest version, but have not uploaded it yet (for other reasons Smile).

So, its fine for playing completed recordings, but steer clear of active recordings (ones that it says Recording next to)

New version tomorrow (I hope!)

Cheers
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:47 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Bob,

the UK Timers TAP discussion is at:
http://www.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1152&start=0

have a read and see what you think. If you want to participate PM Darkmatter and he can add you to the project team (this gives you access to more threads discussing the project). This would also help co-ordinate the efforts of TAP writers so people are not overlapping in the TAPs they are developing.

I will let you know when I have had a moment to look at your latest TAP.

Very Happy

Chunkywizard

BobD
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:29 am Reply with quote
Cool. I'll take a look.

Try the TAP if/when you have time. There will be a new version later today that:

1) Does not crash the Toppy when you select to play a currently recording program
2) Tries to remember how far through each program you are, and displays that next to the name (still need to find out how to know my TAP is closing when the Toppy shuts down)
3) Allows easier and better flipping between sort orders
4) Will optionally just show you currently recording programs
5) Allows you to delete recordings
6) Displays better information on currently playing (or recording) programs, though this is still affected by the problem with getting the wrong EPG information sometimes
7) Has page up/down keys

The new version looks pretty much the same as the current one though, so you can get a feel for it.

Cheers
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Hi Bob,

I loaded up your TAP, but alas I can't see anything listed. Looking back at the description, this is because I use folders Sad

Is it meant to show programmes set to record (ie Timers) as well? If not, I think this might be useful as well, ie one place to see everything. The only problem is how to display all that info without it getting confusing.

Anyway, when you can cope with folders let me know and I will try it out,

Regards

Chunkywizard

BobD
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Hi cw

Yup, folders. Hum, fairly easy to do, but because I don't use them I haven't implemented them yet! Do you find them really useful? I will add them later, when everything else works!

I looked at showing Timers to, but couldn't (so far) find a way of getting the program info (description) to display, so I didn't bother. But I do want it to, as that is what I am used to from Sky+. I may have to resort to using an export file from JAGs, as that would work.

The current version (mine) uses the right cursor button on the remote to flip between sorting by date, sorting by name, showing active recordings only by date, active recordings only by name and then back to the start. I was hoping to add (somehere in that order) a display of Timers. Oh well. Version 3 I think!

Folder support to come (hopefully)!

Cheers

Bob
BobD
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
UK Timers just released, so I'm going to spend some time looking at that to see if I still want my TAP! Looks like I will for the moment, as UK Timers does not show recordings (just Timers!), but for the moment I will postpone my plans of an upload for a while.
Darkmatter
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Sorry about that, it?s been on the cards for a long time?..and we?re not really playing fair; there?s 20 of us. Do you want to make it 21?

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Darkmatter wrote:
Sorry about that, it’s been on the cards for a long time…..and we’re not really playing fair; there’s 20 of us. Do you want to make it 21?
Hi Darkmatter

Thanks for the offer, especially since you don't know me from Jack.. Not sure what I could bring to the group though. I have lots of programming experience, but little Toppy experience. I've only had my Toppy since 5 Aug!

To be honest, I've only been writing my TAPs for fun, and to see if I could improve the default interface (not hard!). I uploaded them just for general comments and feedback, not because I thought they were good enough yet for general consumption. I wasn;t suggesting we were in competition, I was just thinking that maybe yours would remove the need for me to spend hours at my machine plugging away and ignoring the wife, just to get a nice interface.

Chunkywizard suggested I get round to looking at your group, but before I could you released it. (It does look good, from what I've seen so far. Congrats and kudos to all the team! Looking forward to the EPG)

If you think I could help out then I'll happily offer what I can, just not sure how reliable I'll be time wise, or how useful Toppy wise (don't ask me how many times I've crashed mine writing these two TAPs)

I probably will upload a new version of my Recordings List TAP early in the week. If you want to take a look at that one when I do, and let me know if you think I could be of any help to you then that would be cool.

Anyway, can't ignore the wife any longer.

Cheers