Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  August firmware update - target date 17th

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
sm9ai
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 May 2005 Posts: 31
I use quickjump - I think its great. In fact its the only TAP I use.

Is there any feature changes in this update or is it only bug fixes.

I'm just wondering if theirs any changes to the EPG e.g. to stop the channels changing when you view the listings (Yes I know about other EPG's - I just don't really like them!)
BobD
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
simonc wrote:
Does that include the new one with the progress bar popping up by any chance? I got an earful off the wife last night about it being 'really annoying' Rolling Eyes

Which bug is that? Can't find it on the site
simonc
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5642 Location: Cheltenham
It's a new 'feature' where if you use the jump to playback position function from a tap (as used by Improbox, QuickJump, Progressbarkeys and my_keys) then the progress bar is shown. This has been seen in the test firmware - if we're lucky it may not be in the official release next week, if not then QuickJump at least needs some tweaking to hide the bar again as it ignores green and yellow when the progressbar is displayed.
nwhitfield
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
BobD wrote:

Which bug is that? Can't find it on the site

You won't find it, since it's not something in any released firmware. We don't add issues in unreleased firmware to public areas of the site, since it would just make things very very confusing indeed.

Pretend you never read about it... nothing to see... move along now...

Nigel.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
sm9ai wrote:
Is there any feature changes in this update or is it only bug fixes.

I'm just wondering if theirs any changes to the EPG e.g. to stop the channels changing when you view the listings (Yes I know about other EPG's - I just don't really like them!)

The first update consists almost entirely of bug fixes, with a couple of feature issues thrown into the mix, but the EPG channel changing is not scheduled to be one of those, according to the information that I have at present. The most important thing is to get bugs fixed, which happens first, followed by the next update in September which has more of the feature requests in it.

Nigel.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Site helper Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: London
And I take it that it's still the case that this first update will add OTA capability?
nwhitfield
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Yes; that's in the test firmware at the moment, and I can't see any reason why they'd take it out.

Nigel.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:48 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Nigel,

do you, or any of the other testers, run Improbox or Jag's EPG? If so, was there any interaction problems with the new firmware? I guess these are the 2 most popular TAPs and it would be good to know if you disabled any of the options in either TAPs to stop clashes between fixes in firmware and workarounds for bugs in the TAPs. If there was it would be good to publish a 'heads up' for people running the TAPs. Or, would you recommend not loading TAPs until the writers pass them as fit with the new firmware?

Cheers

Chunkywizard

nwhitfield
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:27 am Reply with quote
I use both those, and UkTimers, and I really don't think there's any cause for concern. People will not need to worry about TAPs.

Simon got to experiment with the new firmware because we spotted a small change which affected QuickJump. If we'd spotted anything that might affect other TAPs, we'd similarly have contacted their authors.

The only other TAP I can think of that is likely to be affected is the TF5000 Display, which is very firmware specific; I've not even bothered trying it, since the release will likely not be the same as the one I'm running.

You do not need to worry about other TAPs.

Nigel.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Nigel,

thanks for the clarification,

Cheers

Chunkywizard