Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Fast scanning

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
juwlz wrote:
Then I'm confused as to when a Factory Reset will reset it back to the old type scan
The FastScan TAP alters what the Factory Reset does (which is why both are part of the procedure above). If you haven't run it then a Factory Reset will reset things to the old, slow way of doing things.

At the moment it's setup so you have to work hard to get the fast list, but once you've got it your scans will be quick until you Factory Reset again. If this sort of thing proves helpful then alternative techniques could possibly install a list appropriate to your area/transmitter, and maybe kick off the channel reset and scan automatically.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Ah. OK. That makes much more sense now. Thanks

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
jumbo
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
When I run the TAP it says it's found 9 TP. Is it picking up "extra" transmitters. What's the solution? I have NITFix already applied.
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
jumbo wrote:
When I run the TAP it says it's found 9 TP. Is it picking up "extra" transmitters.
Sounds like duplicates from another transmitter to me. Do the Quick Scan and you'll be in a better starting position.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
What puzzled me was that having removed various channels (using Channel Remover TAP) all my remaining channels were from the same transmitter (and thus 6 MUXes) and yet the FastScan TAP (via the Toppy) still picks up those "deleted" MUXes. So it transpires that Channel Remover doesn't reach the parts that it could reach!
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
jumbo wrote:
What puzzled me was that having removed various channels
Yes, removing all the channels is not the same as removing a mux/transponder. The results of your original scan (9 muxes) will be remembered until you do a Factory Reset and start again.

I was thinking about some ways that this could be automated a bit better, but all of them would either involve a lot of very complicated trickery (and may not work) or the loss of all your channels (and related items, like timers and favourites).

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Following the request from CW, here's DefaultTPs.c which is a snippet of code containing the data structure for the Default TPs and signatures to access them. When you do a Factory Reset, the system ignores your current set of TPs (transponders/muxes) and copies in new ones from these defaults. FastScan and FastScanGUI work by altering these to a smaller set. [Hs] works by stopping the system from doubling them up (to do both HP and LP).

The Auto Scan uses your currently installed TP list, which would ordinarily be the same number as the default list. But if a smaller set was installed by the Factory Reset (by the above fiddling) then it will only scan that smaller set. And a Factory Reset when the defaults have not been altered will restore the full default set again.

Bear in mind that I haven't spent much time working out what might happen on non-DVB-T Toppys. Smile

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 233 Location: Kent, UK
I have recently had to do a number of Channel Scans on various 5800 Toppies, mostly using ChannelOrganizer, but occasionally a full scan had to be done. During one of these long waits, I found these details of the Hs patch.

Is Hs ok to use? I got the impression that it was still in development, and may have some problems, but both these could be wrong! (The last post was in 2008!). Are there any outstanding problems with using Hs?

TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyStuff 6.4; TF5000 Display v1.53; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.5; ScreenCapture with OSD V3.0; (Power Restore V0.7.7);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/6/11
EMJB
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3639 Location: Maldon Essex
I have been using the Hs patch on a TF5800 for some time with no problems.

EMJB
mavison
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 233 Location: Kent, UK
Thanks EMJB. And I guess you have probably done more re-tunes than most!

TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyStuff 6.4; TF5000 Display v1.53; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.5; ScreenCapture with OSD V3.0; (Power Restore V0.7.7);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 2/6/11