Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  [Eg] EPG Grid

Page 1 of 1
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
[Eg] EPGGrid starts the native EPG in Grid view rather than List view. Probably most useful for people using the Freeview+ firmwares and trying to set native Series Links.

Last edited by R2-D2 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
How embarrasing Embarassed As a long time MyStuff user who has NEVER used the Toppy naked, I didn't even know there was a grid view. And now that I do I have to say 'Its bogging!'

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
Just a quick note to say that I'm aware this doesn't work properly on the TF5810. Confused It patches precisely the correct thing, but the graphics system seems to have been layered around the old one, so things get a little confused (the system thinks the grid is up, but the graphics have drawn the list...). At the moment the fix isn't a simple one, because the new graphics system is a bit of a twisty maze.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Code:
You are alone in a dark room. You see a PVR on a table in front of you.
Exits are N, S, E, W
>

Wink

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Not far off! For the sake of my sanity (and in case I forget it), I'll mention what it's like: near most of the existing functions that draw OSD stuff is usually a call to one of a set of three new functions -- it seems that these now do the fancy graphics. Most of the arguments to these are simple constants, so they look quite innocuous and they were very easy to overlook (especially because all the old code is present). Each one is a slightly different wrapper on the main function, which is a basically huge jump table, handing off the real work to individual functions based on those constants. The crappy thing about these wrappers, though, is that they reserve 5kb of stack into which the arguments are copied before being passed on. This wouldn't be too bad, but: (a) there's a static structure used as an intermediate step and the whole thing gets copied regardless of how much data was actually added (so lots of pointless copying of random data), and (b) the only reason for doing this is because of two possibly variable sized text arguments (up to 4kb and 1kb respectively, neither of which ever actually use very much), and there would appear to be little point in copying them because the pointers would seem to remain as valid as the stack data is...

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote
[Eg] V2 now works on the TF5810.

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 803
R2-D2 wrote:
Not far off! For the sake of my sanity (and in case I forget it), I'll mention what it's like: near most of the existing functions that draw OSD stuff is usually a call to one of a set of three new functions -- it seems that these now do the fancy graphics. Most of the arguments to these are simple constants, so they look quite innocuous and they were very easy to overlook (especially because all the old code is present). Each one is a slightly different wrapper on the main function, which is a basically huge jump table, handing off the real work to individual functions based on those constants. The crappy thing about these wrappers, though, is that they reserve 5kb of stack into which the arguments are copied before being passed on. This wouldn't be too bad, but: (a) there's a static structure used as an intermediate step and the whole thing gets copied regardless of how much data was actually added (so lots of pointless copying of random data), and (b) the only reason for doing this is because of two possibly variable sized text arguments (up to 4kb and 1kb respectively, neither of which ever actually use very much), and there would appear to be little point in copying them because the pointers would seem to remain as valid as the stack data is...

You love it really, don't you Wink

Noiseblocker XR1 fan added Mar '18
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+U+Uu
TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
simonc
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5640 Location: Cheltenham
matt wrote:
Code:
You are alone in a dark room. You see a PVR on a table in front of you.
Exits are N, S, E, W
>

Code:
A hollow voice says "Disasmips"

Or were you a Twin Kingdom Valley type?
matt
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
My memory is too faded to remember. I was only just walking at the time!

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
DB1
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 728 Location: Orpington
Looks more like the original Adventure AKA Colossal Cave. Fond memories.

TF5800, F/W: 5.13.65AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCwCyDEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeIKtNfOtPPcPePsRRaRhRpRsSSdSrStT2TdTfTpUUuXXpXwXl TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.72; Power Manager v2.2; MyInfo B5.6; DescriptionExtender 2.23; Remote Extender 1.6; Archivev1.0a; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; Extend v1.7; Power Restore V0.7.8
Tx: CP
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/4/13
birdman
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1765 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
DB1 wrote:
Looks more like the original Adventure AKA Colossal Cave. Fond memories.
http://www.mipmip.org/adv/advfamily.shtml then.

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09