Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Font Manager 1.0d

Page 2 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
Well I can't explain that one because that is exactly the browser I am using Smile

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
bellissimo wrote:
Not sure. What difference does -9 make over -1?
About 4 of the accented characters. Not too much of an issue for UK stuff, but ISO-8859-9 is what the Toppy actually uses (by default) so is likely be a much better mapping to use for compatibility with foreign Toppies. Coping with the other "fntType" variations is something that could also be done, but if you go the whole hog you really need to analyse the first few chars of the string, to check for DVB character set control codes (this is what OSD_PutS(), and the like, do internally to override the fntType).

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Posts: 221 Location: Winter Hill
bellissimo wrote:
What browser are you using?

safari 3.0.4

If I use Firefox 2.0.0.12 - I can see them

?
bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah right. Darn JavaScript cross-browser incompatiblities Cool

If I get a chance I will get Safari a whirl, but good to know it works in Firefox for you.

If anyone else is having problems with Firefox or IE it is worth clearing the cache and trying again.

No idea about the crashing problem. Does it actually cause Firefox to die, or do you just get a JavaScript error?

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
but if you go the whole hog you really need to analyse the first few chars of the string, to check for DVB character set control codes (this is what OSD_PutS(), and the like, do internally to override the fntType).

Good point, I think I have a routine which strips these characters out.

matt
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
The font repository section of the website does not work in Safari 3

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I've downloaded Safari now and I know what the problem is (it has trouble reading XML files using JavaScript). I think I know how to fix it. Should be working tomorrow sometime!

In the meantime it works in Firefox, Opera and IE.

bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Sooner than expected, the Font repository now appears in Safari (well it does for me anyway). Interestingly the screenshots are much crisper in Safari than all the other browsers I have tried.

MarkG
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 673 Location: UK
Using IE, I can see the screen prints of the first 4 fonts, but not the last two. I get the usual red cross in white box icon.

MG

bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Yep, thats because I have not done screenshots of those ones Wink

You can send me a screenshot if you have one, or I will wait till I have been sent a few more fonts and do the screenies in one batch, because it is a bit of a faff to do them.

glenmcfar
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I've got a SMALL problem with every font in the repository. Using MyStuff, the timer screen is missing numbers in the start and end times (amongst other things). Are the font sizes perhaps a little generous? Should we redo the fonts slightly smaller?

Glen.

bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote
The fonts are probably slightly larger than the default Toppy ones, so there are 2 possible solutions:

1) Recreate the font in a smaller size
2) Convince the TAP authors to change their layouts slightly to accomodate the few extra pixels needed. I had to tweak Media Manager in a few places to allow for slightly wider fonts. It was worth it to have the font at the size I wanted.

glenmcfar
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Smaller fonts it is then. Could you tell me, is it the medium sized font I'd need to change for MyStuff timers, etc?

Glen.

bellissimo
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Yes I think so.

glenmcfar
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice one, cheers.

Glen.