Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff Manual

Page 1 of 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Folks,

the manual for MyStuff 6.5 is now available for download here

If you find any typos, inconsistencies etc. post in this thread and I will correct.

Enjoy!

CW

Last edited by chunkywizard on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 pm; edited 14 times in total

glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
CW - Could you explain how the bookfold edition works, please? I promise to RTFM if you do!

Glen.

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
just print it double sided and if folds into an A5 booklet. Its produced in Word so read the help on BookFold if you need more info! I *think* you print all the fronts first and then the backs(rather than front, back, front etc. ) but I might be corrected!

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
In my PDF viewer it looks like half the pages are going to be up the wrong way and in the wrong order for that to work. Confused And most decent printers have this sort of option in their driver anyway (for printing the ordinary version of the PDF).

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I give up, I'm destroying rainforests here.... anyone care to give detailed instructions? I think perhaps you need to print single sided, then single sided again on the back of that, rather than use the duplex option of your printer.

I'm losing the will to carry on...

Glen.

glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, R2 - I've got it. You're right. Use normal PDF and then use booklet style option on printer. On my Lexmark I then select Duplex printing, short side.

Hallelujah!!!

Glen.

[edit: damn that mono laser - in my version of MyStuff there is now no difference between a watch CT and a recording CT, lol!]

[edited again to add further instructions]

Last edited by glenmcfar on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quote
looking at my book fold you need to print the first page then turn that sheet, print on the back etc. So the moral is if your printer supports the option above then save yourself all the bother and use that instead!!

CW

pvrjnr
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Dec 2007 Posts: 250
I didn't realise printed these manuals now a days Shocked
neilpercy
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Oct 2006 Posts: 224
Hi Chunky.

as always , a lovely piece of work on the manual, and looking forward to playing with 5.6

not sure if this is the place for pointing out minor errors, if not then I'll edit as necessary.

page 29 - 14.11 Merged Recordings -

second paragraph says "A programme that is part of a merged recording is indicated by a chain symbol in the
Archive, but it most respects it programme behaves exactly as though it was not merged."

should this be ' but in most respects the programme '?

and

page 31 - 14.14 Resolving Timer clashes -

says "This screen shows you the clashing timers (all shown with a clash symbol on the left hand
side)"

have I totally mis-interpreted this? as far as I can tell and also expect to see, they are on the right hand side?

nothing much to worry about, and keep up the good work Very Happy

cheers

neil[/i]

TAPs: (EIT Sub v0.6 SnG); Goldfish 0.5; MyStuff 6.4; Tap Launcher 3.10; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; TAP Commander 1.34; Extend v1.7; Skip 1.34a (TF5800PVR); MHEG On/Off A3; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; MyInfo B5.6; FFWD v0.7; TSSaver v0.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo? on 14/10/11
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Hi Neil,

by all means put typos in this thread. re 14.11, good spot, I will change in the next rev. re 14.14 actually the text is right but the picture is wrong (a last minute change for R2!) I will update it.

CW

sweep
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2008 Posts: 173 Location: Winter Hill
I just used the printer options on the normal book to make my booklet from the normal manual

Even though on the booklet version the contents was just inside the front cover when viewed on the screen, when I printed it out page 68 came next instead

Installed patch string: AbBfBqCeCkCpCwCyDeEcEeEfEpErEsFGmHHeKtMhNfOtPPcRRaReRhRpRsSSdSlSrStSyT2TdTeTfTpTsVrXpXwXl
birdman
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1765 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
This is about the on-line manual (i.e. help).

The on-line help text for option G2 ends with "...select Only". I think that should be "...select CTs Only".

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
Do you mean the help text in Options?

CW

birdman
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Dec 2006 Posts: 1765 Location: Hitchin, HERTS Tx: Sandy Heath
chunkywizard wrote:
Do you mean the help text in Options?
Yes - what show up at the bottom as you go through the menu options.

Toppy: TF5800PVR/250 - Black, now 1TB WD10EURX
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -FmVrXp+BmC0CbFsIPsUUuWfZXl,
Loader: C5.14, Hardware: 1.01
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; FontManager 1.0d; QuickJump 1.71; MhegOnOff(Now1) A3; EIT Sub v0.6; MyStuff 6.6
USB connected: SheevaPlug with Debian wheezy
Sig mostly from MyInfo on 26/10/09
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote
one for Bob then!

CW