Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  12 or 24 hour clock [and, err, other patch stuff]

Page 1 of 1
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
As far as I know there is no simple way to change the Toppy's Front Panel clock to 12 hour mode (when the unit is in standby). There is a hard way, though. Smile Actually, there is a System Setting for this, but I don't think it's adjustable by the main Toppy menus. However, setting this to 12 hour mode makes right mess of the EPG, so I assume that's one reason it isn't offered. But tweaking the code that sets the Front Panel display could easily be done by a patch. Any interest?

Edit: to save people having to read any further, the [Hr] 12HourFP patch seems to work.

Last edited by R2-D2 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
now you're just looking for excuses to patch Wink Laughing

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
now you're just looking for excuses to patch Wink Laughing
I'm hoping Santa will bring me plenty. Smile
mike.hinson
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Here's a patch idea for you R2-D2,
a patch to make the playback stop when you press stop, not just like it is now where the sound stops & the video carries on for 200miliseconds.

Then another patch to make sound & picture start from where they stopped & both start at the same time, not the current 500ms delay on the sound...

Mybe make the stop & start points overlap by 500ms as an added bonus objective.

I can think of more if you need Smile

Thanks,
/\/\ PS how about we all club together & buy R2-D2 a Toppy for him to do testing on???
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
he's already got a Toppy! Seriously he should publish a paypal donate link. I reckon a few people would donate.

CW

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
Then another patch to make sound & picture start from where they stopped & both start at the same time, not the current 500ms delay on the sound...
I always wondered about the sound startup delay. The other day I thought I'd found something to do with that, but alas it made no difference. I suppose it might be a sync delay (so it doesn't glitch when it manages to get the clocks in sync) -- that's something bdb might know more about?
mike.hinson
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
I think another thing that he could do is publish an Amazon.co.uk wish list... (After he has written all the patches of course)

/\/\
daveliney
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Jan 2007 Posts: 119
My pet peeve for R2-D2 to patch, if he is looking for something to do Smile, is if you pause when chase playing and the recording ends the Toppy starts playing rather than remaining paused.
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Here's a quick [Hr] 12HourFP patch. Which I haven't tested. Smile

Edit: Tested now -- dynamically patched using HDFWv2 and then powered off. Seems to work (says "11:13" right now).

Last edited by R2-D2 on Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy K
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
My thoughts .....

When you press stop or restart with play the toppy compinsates for the delay in you pressing the buttons.

Maybe it could compinsate for the delay when using freeze frame ?

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
R2-D2
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quote
daveliney wrote:
if you pause when chase playing and the recording ends the Toppy starts playing rather than remaining paused.
I'll have a look at that -- it may be a side-effect of thinking it has to stop the playback (does it automatically restart after placing a bookmark I wonder?).
R2-D2
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Andy K wrote:
When you press stop or restart with play the toppy compinsates for the delay in you pressing the buttons.
I had a feeling it resumed to a slightly earlier point, but it may be that that's just compensation for the original delay in setting the resume point.
simonc
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5640 Location: Cheltenham
R2-D2 wrote:
mike.hinson wrote:
I always wondered about the sound startup delay. The other day I thought I'd found something to do with that, but alas it made no difference. I suppose it might be a sync delay (so it doesn't glitch when it manages to get the clocks in sync) -- that's something bdb might know more about?
IIRC, the firmwares prior to May 2005 didn't suffer from as large a delay.
andyg1966
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Probably a question for R2-D2. Is it possible to make the 12Hr front panel display patch delete the leading 0 on hours 1-9. It looks odd in the afternoon to see 04:00. Thanks in advance for any advice/updates.

AndyG
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
andyg1966 wrote:
Is it possible to make the 12Hr front panel display patch delete the leading 0 on hours 1-9.
Not as far as I know. The patch just makes a very small change to the command sent to the Front Panel, so that it changes to this mode. The Front Panel decides (in standby) how to format the clock. I just picked up the command from the (unused) 12-hour mode from the rest of the GUI. It could be that variations on the command might do different things, but I'm a little reluctant to try out random things. Smile