Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  unresponsive remote control (TF5800PVR)

Page 1 of 1
nigelpilkington
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I bought a TF5800PVR before Xmas, and I am loving it...

...Apart from one thing: the machine sometimes does not respond when I try to change channels using the "P+" or "P-" button on the remote control. The green light illuminates briefly on the PVR itself, so it's obviously receiving the signal from the remote, but I sometimes have to press it another one, two or three times before it will actually move the channel.

As I channel-hop a lot, it's not that bearable.

I've emailed Topfield's tech dept, but have had no reply.

Has anybody on this forum had a similar problem? And if so, how did you resolve it?

With thanks
Nigel
bellandbottle
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 857 Location: Reading - Crystal Palace
Nigel, if you do a bit of searching in the Bugs area, you will find quite an amount of correspondence on this subject. In fact there is some discussion current, in the Firmware .39 area.

However.... since the latest firmware .88, which has significantly improved the EPG performance, it is clear that certain TAPS are causing decreased response times, especially if MHEG is enabled. You don't say what TAPs, if any, you are using, so it is difficult to form an opinion.

Others: HDDinfo V2.0, TAP Commander 1.0.1, UK Timers v1.2, Channel Organiser 2A.
Iken
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2006 Posts: 109 Location: Hertfordshire, Sandy Heath Tx
Hi Nigel

In short, yes most of us have had this problem at one time or another and no, there's not a lot you can do about it. Switching 'Interactive Service' off in the Toppy main menu can have benefits but it isn't that much of a help.
This means that the 'Red Button' option is not available - this may be an issue for you, not for me! Wink

As far as I can see, it's down to the aeons-old hardware in the Toppy where the CPU controls all and it really is a pain in the neck at times.

HTH

Last Updated 21/10/2013
?
nigelpilkington
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. I have no TAPS at all (haven't braved them yet). However, I've now disabled Interactive Services, which seems to have cured the problem!

All best
Nigel