Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Site news and feedback  ~  Site services area

Page 1 of 1
nwhitfield
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
I can see from my peek at the database that a few of you have registered in the Services section of the site, but no one has actually then gone on to make any selections from the software database.

I'm keen to have feedback on that part of the site specifically; I've already marked the first bits of software that I'm going to download when I get my hands on a box.

Nigel.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 433 Location: Halifax, Emley Moor transmitter
Hadn't spotted this. Great idea. Nice one Smile

Will be trying the timer extend later.
How do we notify of a non-working TAP?

nwhitfield
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote
At the moment, the best thing to do is to let me know when you find that one works without problems (or if there are certain caveats), then we can flag it with the new thumbs up icon, which will appear in the info box; the next update to the main TAPs page will also have an option on the menu to list just those that are tested, but I shan't update it until we actually have some concrete results.

There's a UK compatibility thread that I've started in the Taps area of the forums, so if people post in that, we can start to build up a list.

Nigel.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Feb 2006 Posts: 109 Location: Emley Moor
I can't remember how to update my details, if I go to settings I can only change my email & firmware version, how do I get at the bit which lets you list my taps etc?

?
nwhitfield
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Click Files from the Services main page, or choose Personalised download list from the Services menu at the top of the forum, or choose Download your files from the Click for more menu on pages outside the forum.

Nigel.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Feb 2006 Posts: 109 Location: Emley Moor
cheers Nigel

?
mr-b
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 May 2006 Posts: 643 Location: Warks - Sutton Coldfield tx
I didn't even discover the s/w subscription service (which is a great idea BTW!) until quite some time after I'd first started using this site. I think I'd have discovered it much faster if the below items were addressed:

The tick icon that you use to subscribe to each TAP is rather ambiguous. I'm afraid it looks like an example of "mystery meat navigation" i.e. you have to hover over it to find out what it actually does. Wink

I'd suggest a Subscribe button (or normal link with some descriptive text instead).

These Subscribe buttons should be next to each TAP on all TAPs listings pages i.e. you shouldn't have to drill down into each TAP's 'More Info' page to see it.

Finally the "Sevices" page header is a bit vague - how about "Subscriptions" instead, since that is effectively what is being offered?