Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Programmes  ~  Point Pleasant

Page 1 of 1
nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9580
Well, I'd have been able to test things much more thoroughly tonight if Point Pleasant had actually been on this evening on E4.

Instead, there was an old episode of Wife Swap, with a Brand New logo on it, and the PP EPG data!

Grrrr.

Nigel

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 155 Location: Newbury
I hear this has now been cancelled in the US, and looks like E4 have followed suit. Oh well just as it was getting interesting.

Taps autostarting - Description Extender 2.1, EPGnavigator 4.1, Little Clock 2.2, Media Manager 1.4b4, Quickjump 1.53, Remote Extender 1.5, TF5000 Display 1.45, UK Auto Scheduler v0.72, UKOZ Surfer 0.11d, UK Timers 1.2, Tapcommander 1.0.2, SuperPip 1.1a.
FW 5.12.88PHT2b
nwhitfield
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9580
Ah, is that it? I wondered why it didn't appear last night, and Smallville was an hour early (not that they updated the EPG, mind...)

And then there was that thing a few weeks back where it was a 'behind the scenes' bit of rubbish, instead of an actual episode.

Oh well; it wasn't that good - for all that they went on about Buffy people being involved, it didn't have the same spark. I hoped it might pick up, but I guess we'll never know.

I bet they pitched it as something silly like "Buffy in the OC" and someone said "Sure, go ahead."

Perhaps a lot of the appeal for Buffy was that some of the really successful series were set around the high school, which was something that everyone can relate to, and there was a pretty small number of key cast members to keep track of.

PP did seem to have a lot of people that were getting involved very soon, and I'm not sure how easy that was to keep on top of. I've just been looking at the old Buffy stuff on C5, and by the second episode, it's pretty clear that you have a core team with Buffy, Giles, Xander and Willow. You know who to pay most attention to early on. PP doesn't seem to have done that; you've got all the assorted teenagers to track, evil devil henchman, parents, priest, someone who wants to shag one of the parents...

Nigel.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 86
[quote author=Stormin link=board=1;num=1112214541;start=0#1 date=04/04/05 at 11:00:43]I hear this has now been cancelled in the US, and looks like E4 have followed suit. Oh well just as it was getting interesting.[/quote]

I wonder what they'll do with the repeat on T4 Saturday, I was looking forward to seeing this.
Stormin
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:16 am Reply with quote
The last six episodes aren't going to be shown, instead they've (fox that is) is to release them on a box set and try to get same money out of the fans that got hocked...

I think it was good, but not that good!!!!

Even wierder they replaced it in the US with the six episodes of tru calling which got cancelled because of PP ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Taps autostarting - Description Extender 2.1, EPGnavigator 4.1, Little Clock 2.2, Media Manager 1.4b4, Quickjump 1.53, Remote Extender 1.5, TF5000 Display 1.45, UK Auto Scheduler v0.72, UKOZ Surfer 0.11d, UK Timers 1.2, Tapcommander 1.0.2, SuperPip 1.1a.
FW 5.12.88PHT2b
Sulli
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 250 Location: Manchester
Its just started on Channel 4 today.
What episode did it get to then on E4?

Startup TAPs: JAGs EPG, Bookmark2UK
Other TAPs: UK Timers, IP Guide
Chrisdafur
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 86
I thought it was rather good.  Smile
Stormin
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:18 am Reply with quote
It got to episode 8, should of been 13 though.

FW 5.12.88PHT2b
Sulli
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 250 Location: Manchester
What, and its been axed? Why they starting it on Channel 4 if its just going to stop at episode 8?

Startup TAPs: JAGs EPG, Bookmark2UK
Other TAPs: UK Timers, IP Guide