Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  EPG in MyStuff not showing all channels

Page 1 of 1
SPV4u
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Apr 2006 Posts: 43
Hi All

I seam to have gaps in my MyStuff TV guide after loading the fie to my box, the channels show "no information" yet i did set the program to farm them.

I am using XMLTV Radio Times to farm the information

This is then converted using MyStuff_Extended_Info

I then manually FTP it to the box.

Most channels are there and I did select the right channel numbers when prompted first time round, but the following channels will not show in the Guide, BBC3, More 4, FTN, ITV 4 to name a few.

Has anyone else come accross this problem before? is this because there is no info at radio times? Is there a better app to farm and convert with?

I was ideally looking for a app that farmed the info, converted it and then FTP'd the file to the box using a scheduled event so that the PC just does it every night to keep the max 14 days on the planner, is there one of these out there?

Regards

Mark
Richard46
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Hi Mark

Presumably you configured the grabber to collect these channels.

Sorry if this is obvious but in MyStuff 'no information' means that channel is not tranmitting at the time being displayed in the EPG. If no EPG info has been collected for the period you get 'end of EPG information' In fact at 9.30 in the morning you will get 'no information' on these channels.
Try scrolling to an evening period. Very Happy

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
dustjunky
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 26 Oct 2005 Posts: 65
Sounds like you need rt2mei:

http://www.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4021
SPV4u
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Apr 2006 Posts: 43
Ah thanks for that, now i can see the information is there later at night when I look at later times.

Right gonna stick with MyStuff_Extended_Info as this is much easyier than the other suggested method, however one more query.

This program has the ability to FTP the box but is looking for a FTP program of some sort, does anyone know what this FTP program or file is?

Thanks
EMJB
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3637 Location: Maldon Essex
SPV4u wrote:

This program has the ability to FTP the box but is looking for a FTP program of some sort, does anyone know what this FTP program or file is?

Thanks

You may get a quicker reply if you post your query in the MyStuff Extended Info thread in the computer connections part of the forum (it isn't a TAP as it runs on a PC, not the Toppy).
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Thread locked for the reasons given here Very Happy

http://www.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4287

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13