Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.0

Page 67 of 145
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
rogdog
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 569 Location: North Lincs, UK
ah5150 wrote:
can i increase the limit on the number of timers set?

using control timers, if i set the number of days to search to "2" i have about 48 timers created. This is all well and good, but i'm going away till friday - if i extend the CT search days (to 4) i get 84 timers created and warnings on timers thats don't have clashes (because they have exceeded timer list limit)

This is a limit of the Toppy and not a limit of MyStuff.

If you are going away and leave days to search set to 2 and make sure the Toppy is in standby before you go away then the Toppy will switch on each time a recording is starting and Mystuff will do a search and add 48 hrs worth of timers from the time it powers up. So as long as the Toppy switches on at least once a day then should be OK.

ah5150
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Oct 2005 Posts: 44 Location: Telford / Birmingham
cheers for the idea - shoud have thought of that!

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
EMJB wrote:

Don't understand remark about them being hidden. I have had at least two duff files that appeared in the MyStuff archive. One was 2 KB long, and the other 57 MB for 90 mins.

Sorry, they are meant to be hidden! Bob? Can you clarify what you check for to hide a 0Mb file?

CW

juwlz
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
I've just been reminded of a minor niggle:
I went to MyStuff Guide. I already had some timers set (CTs, and with padding) on different channels, and wanted to add another on yet another channel.
BBC1 - 2 timers set: 8:00-8:30 (plus padding) and a 9:00 start
BBC2 - 1 timer set for 8:30-9:00
ITV1 - want to add a timer for a 9:00 start

If I hit Record, It tells me I can't add the timer.

I can do it by deleting the BBC2 timer (not the CT) and setting the ITV one (which I set as a CT). MyStuff then re-scans and sets the BBC2 timer back up again, adjusting the padding to cope.

If I wanted to add a timer on the SAME channel immediately before/after an existing timer, MyStuff would do it (and tell me that it had adjusted the padding). Would it be possible to change MyStuff to let it set up new consecutive recordings on different channels without me having to fudge it manually?

============

On a different subject, if I have Control Timers set, and ask MyStuff to delete a timer (but not the CT), as soon as I exit the Guide, MyStuff re-scans and the timer gets set again.

How do I delete a single timer and have it stay deleted without affecting the CTs? Am I missing something?

Thanks
Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
BobD
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
chunkywizard wrote:
EMJB wrote:

Don't understand remark about them being hidden. I have had at least two duff files that appeared in the MyStuff archive. One was 2 KB long, and the other 57 MB for 90 mins.

Sorry, they are meant to be hidden! Bob? Can you clarify what you check for to hide a 0Mb file?

I hide any file which does not start with TFRc (which all valid ones do) or which (according to the header info in the file) is 0 minutes long (assuming that I am reading the right part of the file!). What does the Toppy itself display for these files?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
@juwlz

The ability to remove padding for back2back timers on multiple channels is provided as an option in the next release of MyStuff.

There isn't currently an option to remove selected timers created from a CT search. A future option possibly.

Currently I just let them record and delete after, or if I'm around I stop the recording as it kicks off.

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
digital
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
@ BobD

digital wrote:
...I have two searches: 'F1' and 'Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross', the second of which, I've just discovered, has replicated itself three times (I also noticed that this search had been duplicated earlier in the week and deleted the second copy)!

Well, I deleted the three copies but they're back again.

The search is breeding!

Any ideas on what I can do to stop it?

Bucket of cold water?

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
BobD
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote
digital wrote:
The search is breeding!

Any ideas on what I can do to stop it?

Bucket of cold water?

Smile

So the actual CT is duplicated in the CT archive list?

If you use Altair and look in your MST folder, do you actually have several copies of the same MST file? Are they all identical in terms of capitalisation and filename?

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
digital
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
So the actual CT is duplicated in the CT archive list?

I deleted the three spares last night but the b*ggers have been at it again and this time there are an extra four!

ControlTimers by name shows all five consecutively; ControlTimers by priority shows four consecutively at positions two to five on the grid. The fifth iteration is eleventh on the grid (obviously a Red Bull, BMW Sauber or one of those red cars that doesn't go fast any more!).

BobD wrote:
If you use Altair and look in your MST folder, do you actually have several copies of the same MST file? Are they all identical in terms of capitalisation and filename?

Altair shows four copies of the mst file rather than the five visible through the ControlTimers screens above.

All four are identical except for 1, 2, 3 being appended to the filenames.

Looking at the four in TextPad, they all appear to be substantially the same with minor variations early on:
Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross.mst
5|Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross|0|1|1|1|-1|0|0000|0
etc.

Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross1.mst
6|Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross|0|1|1|2|-1|0|0000|0
etc.

Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross2.mst
6|Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross|0|1|1|2|-1|0|0000|0
etc.

Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross3.mst
6|Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross|0|1|1|2|-1|0|0000|0 etc.

Hope that helps.

Edit:
Just found s.mst in the MST folder. It appears to be the fifth ControlTimer visible in the ControlTimers views:

s.mst
6|Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross|6|1|1|2|-1|0|0000|0 etc.

Weird! Hope it makes sense to you!

BobD
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
@digital

Have you recently edited this mst? I am trying to work out why it would save multiple copies (which it would actually only do if trying to save it and deciding that there was already one of the same name there, which it would only do if you edited it and it thought it was a new one). So basically, I am confused.

If you are in the mood for some testing:

1) Close MyStuff
2) Delete all but 1 of the mst files (all but 1 of these GrandPrix CTs that is, leave all your other ones!)
3) Run MyStuff
4) See how many of these are listed in the archive and in Altair
5) Close MyStuff
6) Repeat 3 & 4 (unless it has already gone wrong)
7) (unless it has already gone wrong) Bring up archive, edit the GrandPrix CT, save it)
8) Close archive, return to archive and see how many are listed in the archive and in Altair
9) Let me know the results. Possibly PM/Email me the results to save space here!

Cheers

digital
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
@digital

Have you recently edited this mst?

Not touched it Guv. Wasn't me. Went nowhere near it!

All I've done is delete the extra copies each time. Next thing you know, they're back. I hadn't spotted s.mst so that's been there since I don't know when...

BobD wrote:

1) Close MyStuff
2) Delete all but 1 of the mst files (all but 1 of these GrandPrix CTs that is, leave all your other ones!)
3) Run MyStuff

Sorry, fallen at the first hurdle! What do you mean by 'Close MyStuff'? Close any MS screens that are open, or exit it as in the last entry in Options?

'Delete all but one of the mst files': use Altair or through the ControlTimers listing?

'Run MyStuff': go to AutoStart and press OK on MyStuff?

Do I delete s.mst?

Not being awkward but I want to make sure that I give you exactly the information you want.

BobD
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
digital wrote:
Sorry, fallen at the first hurdle! What do you mean by 'Close MyStuff'?
Sorry, exit as in last entry in options

Quote:
'Delete all but one of the mst files': use Altair or through the ControlTimers listing?
Use Altair

Quote:
Do I delete s.mst?
My reply crossed with your edit. Yup, delete s.mst as part of 2)

Quote:

Not being awkward but I want to make sure that I give you exactly the information you want.
Well, yeah, I could have been a bit clearer I admit Smile

digital
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:

1) Close MyStuff
3) Run MyStuff
4) See how many of these are listed in the archive and in Altair
5) Close MyStuff
6) Repeat 3 & 4 (unless it has already gone wrong)
7) (unless it has already gone wrong) Bring up archive, edit the GrandPrix CT, save it)
Cool Close archive, return to archive and see how many are listed in the archive and in Altair
9) Let me know the results.

Everything OK until 7.

Added ~Z to the search. Archive shows the changed search. Altair shows the original search plus the changed search...

Almost forgot to say that I had problems in editing the search again. Each character I added did not show until I arrowed right each time.

digital
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
digital wrote:
Added ~Z to the search. Archive shows the changed search. Altair shows the original search plus the changed search...

But, having done nothing other than change channels and note that Toppy has started a couple of recordings, I've now found that the original search has appeared in ControlTimers by name. Oddly enough, the original search is all in lower case (other than the initial G and P of Grand Prix) and the altered one has initial capitals all the way through.

BobD
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
@digital

Can you please email me the (most likely to be original) mst file, so I can try to replicate the problem here

ta