Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MeiSearch - Genre and Keyword Search TAP

Page 17 of 68
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
DB1
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 728 Location: Orpington
Minor buggette. I have mine set to use "List" as the activate button. Yesterday, faffing around trying to find which button another TAP might have decided to use and I found that tv/radio *also* opens meisearch Smile

TF5800, F/W: 5.13.65AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCwCyDEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeIKtNfOtPPcPePsRRaRhRpRsSSdSrStT2TdTfTpUUuXXpXwXl TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.72; Power Manager v2.2; MyInfo B5.6; DescriptionExtender 2.23; Remote Extender 1.6; Archivev1.0a; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; Extend v1.7; Power Restore V0.7.8
Tx: CP
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/4/13
rwg
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:45 pm Reply with quote
TAP author Joined: 29 Oct 2005 Posts: 604 Location: Oxfordshire
delboyuk wrote:
Please don't get rid of the predictive text method, it is great once you get used to it.

Thanks... Del

Don't worry, it's safe - I may well add non-predictive text input at some point, but I've never been a fan of the 'move the cursor around with the arrow keys' keyboards - I was just wondering if others felt the same way or if there are those who love the 'keyboard' out there Smile

Robin

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
Keyboard = Tedium!

Autostart TAPs (in load order): MyStuff 5.62a, Quickjump 1.71, eit2mei beta 7.8m3, ImproBox 2.1 RC8a, MeiSearch 1.35, UK Timers 1.2a, and Tap Commander 1.32
rwg
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quote
DB1 wrote:
Minor buggette. I have mine set to use "List" as the activate button. Yesterday, faffing around trying to find which button another TAP might have decided to use and I found that tv/radio *also* opens meisearch Smile

That's expected if you're not running RemoteExtender. On the 5800 the basic keycodes a TAP gets for the 2 keys are the same, RemoteExtender passes down supplementary codes that allows TAPs to distinguish between the two.

If you are running remote extender then I have a bug Wink

Robin

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
I'm not - you don't Smile

TF5800, F/W: 5.13.65AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCwCyDEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeIKtNfOtPPcPePsRRaRhRpRsSSdSrStT2TdTfTpUUuXXpXwXl TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.72; Power Manager v2.2; MyInfo B5.6; DescriptionExtender 2.23; Remote Extender 1.6; Archivev1.0a; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; Extend v1.7; Power Restore V0.7.8
DB1
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote
OK another try to get a bug registered Smile

Just scrolling through "films" and I noticed that a film I have set to record did not show up as such (Correct in UK Timers) - but the same film on a different date *was* showing an R. Somewhat similar to the problems I was having a few weeks and versions back.

rwg
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote
DB1 wrote:
OK another try to get a bug registered Smile

Just scrolling through "films" and I noticed that a film I have set to record did not show up as such (Correct in UK Timers) - but the same film on a different date *was* showing an R. Somewhat similar to the problems I was having a few weeks and versions back.

Hmm, interesting...

MeiSearch should have spotted that the two films were the same and only given one item in the list with the <+> symbol to indicate multiple showings. When there are multiple showings MeiSearch puts the 'preferred' one first. In theory the calculation of the 'preferred' one works like this...

if one showing is set to record, then that's preferred
otherwise, the one with fewer existing timers that clash with it
all else being equal the one between midnight and 6am

Now it sounds to me like the calculation has gone wrong and the wrong version is being picked up as preferred.

Can you send me your exported timers file and your Mei file (and tell me which film to look at) and I'll see if I can make sense of it:-)

Robin

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Sorry - False alarm Embarassed

It was Guarding Tess on Friday 10th. UK Timers showed Friday but Meisearch showed Saturday 11th. Both ITV3

What I had not spotted was that it was on twice.

Friday 20:00 and Saturday at 00:00 For some reason Meisearch shows them as separate items - probably because they have a totally different description. I *thought* I had set the 20:00 one but in fact had set the later one. With padding UK Timers says this starts on Friday - which was what I expected - but Meisearch says it's Saturday.

I must check time as well as date
I must check time as well as date
I must...........................

dedics
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Aug 2005 Posts: 310
HI guys
just a quick thanks to you for finally explaing this predictive text thing to me! I get it now, when I asked the kids to explain it to me they just say well you just do it and it works... Rolling Eyes

I've never got past the fact that you can press three keys and get gibberish then when you press the 4th one the right thing comes up!

I'm ok with it now, and not nearly so frustrated with my mobile...

great tap too by the way, I'm using it a lot Razz

dedics
Mark_B
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 254
I'm looking for something to scan the mei file and give me a list of programmes I may want to watch/record....but not to set timers on them.

For instance,

- all 5 star films
- all films with actor x in the title/descriptions
- all new series marked with episode 1
- commedies that weren't on last week and may be new

I could then look through the list and decide on adding recordings as I went...

Jag's got close to this with its searches type "marker"s and allowed a list on start up - but didnt allow you to exploit the richer Radio Times information - like genre, long descriptions etc....

Have you any thoughts about moving mei search in this direction?

A sort of individual scan list of searches to pick from to hit and review when you load up this weeks Radio Times data.....
rwg
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Mark_B wrote:
I'm looking for something to scan the mei file and give me a list of programmes I may want to watch/record....but not to set timers on them.

For instance,

- all 5 star films

Possible, probably best to let people specify the minimum star rating
Quote:

- all films with actor x in the title/descriptions

I wan't to to keyword searching on the description, which would give you this, but currently building the text input database for the descriptions takes too long and uses too much memory. Once I've got the upcoming version out I'll fix this problem, so version now+2 will have description search.
Quote:

- all new series marked with episode 1

Technically not too hard, but relatively few programs seem to have episode information.
Quote:

- commedies that weren't on last week and may be new

oooh - tricksy. Need to keep old mei files to do this. Maybe I'll have a look at mei2archive which has some features in this respect.

Quote:

A sort of individual scan list of searches to pick from to hit and review when you load up this weeks Radio Times data.....

The next version has 'recent searches' which will remember the last 50 or so things you have searched for, which gives you this sort of thing with a bit less manual button pressing than at the moment. I also have rudimentary archive scanning (i.e. spotting that programs in the EPG are already in the archive). Just a few bugs to fix...

Robin

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Posts: 448
Have come across a curious 'funny' this evening, running v0.28 and full 14 day downloaded MEI file from Radio Times website.

I have 'Petrolheads' (BBC2, Sunday 10pm) set up as a simple weekly recording. I use padding of -1 /+3 mins i.e. 21:59 - 22:33.

If I bring up the entry for Petrolheads in MEISearch (via Game Shows genre search) it currently displays as 2(1R) i.e. 2 found, one set to record. Hitting OK on the entry shows that this Sunday's episode (19th) is set to record where as the next Sunday (26th) isn't.

If I hit 'record' on the 26th entry (although I don't actually need to as I have a weekly timer set up anyway), then a timer is correctly entered for the 26th However the existing timer for the 19th becomes corrupted. It changes end time from 22:33 to 166:00 (an invalid time), and UK Timers shows the timer duration as being 10081 minutes i.e. a week + 1 minute (10080 minutes +1).

Later, tried running v0.25, and this correctly shows a clash when trying to hit record on the 26th, however it still incorrectly shows 2(1R) rather than 2(2R) given that the timer is set as weekly. It looks like the corruption fault is down to v0.28 then.
rwg
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote
Embarassed

I did a whole bunch of work on the timers between 0.25 and 0.28 to give better support for extending timers or trimming padding if that was all that was causing a clash. The thing I missed in all of that was "don't mess with repeating timers".

I've just put some guards in the code to stop it from trying to do anything fancy to repeating timers (including not deleting them). I have (I think) one bug to do with folders to work out and then the new version should be ready to go.

Robin

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
MeiSearch v0.90 Available

http://rwg.sitesled.com

Why the big version jump? It's getting near the state that I'd be happy to call v1.0 - just stability and sanity checks before that...

What's New?

* Archive Integration - MeiSearch will attempt to spot which episodes/programs you already have on disc to avoid duplicates - see the readme.

* Recent Searches List - be lazy, no need to re-type keywords you've used lately.

* Support for non-LCN systems. If your system doesn't have LCNs for each channel and you get your data from the internal EPG or JAGs CSV, all should be well now, rather than always setting the recording for channel 1...

* Recall key (the one with the circular arrow thing) will drop you back to TV from any page.

* Bug fixes, UI tweaks, etc

Enjoy,

Robin

ChangeLog

0.29->0.90
* Add Saved Searches Page
* Progress/Question dialogs now have same look/feel as resut of UI
* Archive integration - will detect episodes where title and subtitle or description matches with file in Archive
* No confirmation box on record all episodes (from programs page) if no problems adding timers
* All config files now in MeiSearch folder
* Recall key drops out of all pages, however far in you are
* Smaller text in options page
* Fix bug where MeiSearch would attempt to adjust repeating timers

0.28->0.29
* Change internal data to store channel number, not LCN to make MeiSearch compatible with non-LCN systems

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Oct 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Borehamwood
Cool! I've been hanging on to 0.25, as its been pretty stable for me. I'll give this version a shot then! Ta Robin. Smile