Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Upgarde Help

Page 1 of 1
Paul97
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 07 May 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Washington, Tyne And Wear
Can anyone help me with the upgrade for last Tuesday for a complete novice to downloading. I tried but totally failed.
Any help would be great Very Happy

Paul
Traxmaster
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 206
You probably didn't install the drivers correctly.
If you turn on your topfield while connected to your pc do you get a noise from your speakers meaning you have found the topfiled. Also you should get a message in the bottom right hand corner that your pc has found a new device.
Darkmatter
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Sure Paul. First thing to do is check out the FAQ. You?ll see the guide Nigel wrote listed there. Take a look at that, and see how you get on. If you need any help with any particular step then by all means post back
Paul97
Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:28 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 07 May 2005 Posts: 61 Location: Washington, Tyne And Wear
Hi Guys
Downloaded the altair program first then the upgrade, think I unzipped them, but when I tried to download to my Toppy the little download box said something like " Download please wait " But nothing happened.

Paul
s7uar7
Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 196 Location: Chalfont St Giles
This guide from the FAQ gives comprehensive, step-by-step instructions on upgrading. Follow that and you can't go wrong Very Happy If you got the message 'Wait Download' in TFDN-USB it means the download has finished (it is a bit of a misleading message), and you can turn on your Toppy.
Darkmatter
Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Yes, that is a confusing message; a better message would be ?Waiting to download. Please press power on your remote?.

Essentially you?ve got to the stage where the download program is primed, ready to download the new firmware to the Toppy. Now all you need to do is to take the Toppy out of Standby, and the download will commence.

See step 4 of Nigel?s guide.