Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff + Jags EPG -- naming of files and keyword searching?

Page 1 of 1
Brownie
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jan 2006 Posts: 108 Location: Devon
Hi,

On the bottom of the MyStuff manual under 'Known Bugs' it says
'MyStuff currently gets confused between files named the last in different folders and may flag them incorrectly.'
One of the things I'm really hoping to improve is the naming of files. At the moment, I have the last four episodes of ER, all stored on the recorded list -- i.e. not in a folder. I noticed that when I recorded the 5th episode the other day, the Toppy wanted to call it 'ER' -- which would imply that it was actually the first episode. Do either of the TAPs I've mentioned above fix this? What would be ideal is if the fifth episode to be broadcast was actually called ER 5, irrespective of when it was recorded.

This brings me to my next query -- how does searching by keyword work when so many of the programs (ER for example) are broadcast anything up to three times a week (what with repeats on Channel 4 and E 4)?

Thanks again for any help,
jindod
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Dec 2005 Posts: 285
mystuff sorts out the problem of filenames.
the newest show appears at the top of the list, or bottom, depending on how you set it up.
it also shows the recorded date next to them.
and if you also install the automove tap and create a folder called eastenders, they will just move into that folder.

jindod
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Brownie,

to suppliment jindod answer, on keyword search on Jag's you can narrow the selection by specifing an exact channel to search on or a time window within which to search. Also you can use wildcards to make sure that the programme starts with the keyword for example. This is all explained in the Jag's manual.

HTH

Chunkywizard

jindod
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Dec 2005 Posts: 285
I stand corrected.
Very Happy