Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MeiSearch - Genre and Keyword Search TAP

Page 14 of 68
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
charley
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:32 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
Hi Robin, Looks like in the change from 0.22 to 0.23 the TAP is not picking up its .ini from Autostart again Sad

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
rogdog
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 569 Location: North Lincs, UK
Robin,

It looks like the black '<+>' symbol you use is not suited to mystuff skins with black or very dark backgrounds.

Could it be changed to use the 'TextForeground' colour as defined in the skinfile

The Red dot with the black cross also suffers to a certain extent but is still half visible

...rogdog

rwg
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote
TAP author Joined: 29 Oct 2005 Posts: 604 Location: Oxfordshire
Charley,

Bit suprised by this - working here. Could you try deleting your ini file and re-doing the settings? I didn't change the ini code between 0.22->0.23, so I wonder if the file is broken in some way and not being read correctly? The ini file handling is all changed for the next version anyway, which should fix any outstanding issues (or break it all...)

RogDog,

Will have a think about what to do for this - the '<+>', cross etc are bitmaps so it's a bit awkward to apply skin colours to them. I might include a light color and a dark color version of each and draw the appropriate one to give decent contrast against the background

Robin.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
Hi Robin,

I think I have found the problem with the .ini file. This applies to both 0.22 and 0.23. I had not noticed it previously as having set my padding options and set Launch Key to Recall I left them alone.

Tests run witrh no other TAPs in Auto Start.

When MeiSearch saves the .ini file it seems to corrupt the first character or two of the file, and either place a strange character before [ or to replace it with something. Copying the .ini file to PC with Altair and opening with Notepad reveals this. Removing the character(s) and replacing them with [ fixes this. As long as the menu options are not changed all is well but changing the menu options causes the problem to reappear.

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
charley
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:41 am Reply with quote
Hi Robin,

A small formatting issue of which you may already be aware. Some Date/Time information does not fit in its box and the three character duration is being truncated. An example is Film on five Wed 25 21:00+2... The Godfather. The problem seems to arise because of proportional spaced font. Would it be possible to widen this box a little possibly at the expense of Title please?

EMJB
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3632 Location: Maldon Essex
Had a problem yesterday with the activation key reverting to "Menu" and being unable to change it. When I looked at the ".ini" file on my PC it was garbled it looked as if a bit of the EPG data had been copied into lines (about) 6 onwards. Deleting the ".ini" cleared the problem (but of course that requires a PC/Mac - not a problem for me but could be for others).

As potential improvement, how about a facility to restrict searches to the next n days? If it showed subsequent episodes of entries found in those n days it would be even better!
rwg
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:02 pm Reply with quote
EMJB,

the data at the end of the file probably is part of the EPG Smile There's an API bug to do with always writing a multiple of 512 bytes to a file even if you request less. The firmware just writes any old junk after the end of the data you request to be written. This will be fixed in the new version as I'm using a different ini file implementation that accounts for this problem.

Charley,

I can't say for sure where the rogue character at the beginning is coming from, but again I'm hoping that the new ini file handling will fix the problem. The next version will also _always_ look for ini files and skins in /ProgramFiles no matter where you load it from which will be a lot nicer.

The ... in the times should also be fixed - I'll widen that column a bit and narrow down the channel column width (now using shortened channel names like BBC4 instead of BBC FOUR).

hopefully should be able to release this lot by the beginning of next week at the latest.

Robin

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Meisearch v0.25 now available

Download from http://rwg.sitesled.com/

This version finally adds search by word in program titles. The entry of the words to search is done by predictive text - like a mobile phone. The dictionary for the predictive text is taken from the program titles themselves - this means that if you can't enter the word you wouldn't have found it anyway Smile

Search of subtitles/descriptions is on the way, but at the moment building the predictive text dictionary on all the extra words takes too much time and memory.

I couldn't break 0.25 on my toppy. Enoy!

Note: ini files now always loaded from /ProgramFiles wherever the TAP is loaded from. You may need to move your ini file or re-enter your settings.

Robin

Changes 0.23->0.25

* Fix folder handling - all files (ini, mcf, etc) should now live in /ProgramFiles no matter where the TAP is started from
* Info available from the programs page
* Predictive text keyboard and searching against program title
* New launch page
* Fix ... in wrapped text
* remove leading 'Film:' or 'Movie:' in film list
* Numbers as words at end of channel names converted to numbers (1,2,3,4 only)
* Option to use short channel names from file
* Adjusted display of channel names and program times to avoid ... truncation (I hope)

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 May 2005 Posts: 166 Location: West Midlands
Would it not be a good idea for the first post in this thread to be updated with the current information when it changes together with a link to the lastest versions?

Hurrah for the word search - off to try it soon !
DB1
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 728 Location: Orpington
Just loaded 25 and the start up behavour went back to always losing the options. Set them stop and retart - all back to default.

Running from auto start and of course the old ini was there. I copied that to ProgramFiles before starting 25. Completly reproducible.

I brought the ini file back to the pc and looked at it and it had my options OK but a blank first line. I deleted the ini file on the toppy and let the TAP recreate and it is now OK. Bring the ini file back once again to the PC and it is the same as before but no blank first line. Looks like it does not like an ini file it did not write itself Smile

TF5800, F/W: 5.13.65AbBfBqC0CbCeCkCwCyDEcEeEfErEsEvEzFFsGmHHeIKtNfOtPPcPePsRRaRhRpRsSSdSrStT2TdTfTpUUuXXpXwXl TAPs: TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.72; Power Manager v2.2; MyInfo B5.6; DescriptionExtender 2.23; Remote Extender 1.6; Archivev1.0a; mei2archive BETA 3.8l7; EPGnavigator v5.1c; UK Auto Scheduler v0.73.1; Extend v1.7; Power Restore V0.7.8
Tx: CP
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/4/13
rwg
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote
DB1,

I'm starting to hate ini files... Maybe I should take all the options away Very Happy

Seriously though, I can imagine either it's a carriage-return/line-feed mix up (the new ini file code assumes the file has the same line endings throughout, which might not be true for an updated one), or it just chokes on the blank first line. I'll have a quick look, but if it carries on working fine with a newly created ini file I'm not going to worry too much.

cheers,

Robin

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote
New (Expiremental) Version 0.26 available

usual place, http://rwg.sitesled.com.

This version adds support for loading EPG data from both the builtin EPG and from JAGs CSV files. For MEI users the only change is a fix to an ini file bug related to upgrading or manual editing of ini files. MEI users should probably stay on 0.25

You can select the source for EPG data in the options page. After changing source you should choose 'Reload EPG data'. The Auto option tries MEI first, then CSV, then builtin.

Note that currently the JAG loading code only looks for the CSV file in /ProgramFiles - not sure if this is the correct behaviour...

When loading from the builtin EPG, the first piece of text in square brackets in the description will be treated as the genre of the program. When loading from JAGs CSV no genres are assigned, so title keyword search is the only useful functionality.

Have a play and let me know what you think, but probably not while you're recording something Wink

Robin

Changelog 0.25->0.26

* Fix problem with ini file if there were a mixture of unix (\n) and dos (\r\n) line endings
* Add experimental support for loading EPG data from builtin guide and from JAGS csv (note - only looks for JAGs CSV in /ProgramFiles at the moment - is this right???)
* Fix bug where if you had an invalid skin selected (deleted .mcf after selecting) you could not change to a valid one.
* Fix bug where an invalid skin selection would lead to random display colors, now gives default colors

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9577
That looks pretty good so far - lets me find things and set recordings no problem

A couple of comments (or ideas for more work for you...)

When you're browsing, the short description still includes the name of the genre in square brackets which, while not a major niggle, could be dropped I suppose (but then you have to parse the info again...)

Also, support for the Extended info in the overview could fit (at least partially) below the title; people using EPG uploader or EPG extender may have more information in there, which they won't see otherwise.

For example, for Desperate Housewives I have a subtitle of "3/23 Pretty little picture" which is all that appears, and the extended info of "US comedy drama about a single mum struggling to find love while living in a troubled suburban neighbourhood. The women decide to go ahead with the big dinner party the late Mary Alice had planned to host. Adulterous Gabrielle finds herself with a nine-year-old blackmailer who catches her with gardener John." isn't visible.

But it's great work, thanks very much. I'm sure the Australians will love this too - lots of them use EPG uploader.

Nigel.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
nwhitfield wrote:
That looks pretty good so far - lets me find things and set recordings no problem

A couple of comments (or ideas for more work for you...)

When you're browsing, the short description still includes the name of the genre in square brackets which, while not a major niggle, could be dropped I suppose (but then you have to parse the info again...)

Yes, I noticed that too but decided to let it pass for now. It's an easy change and I'll do it soon.

Quote:

Also, support for the Extended info in the overview could fit (at least partially) below the title; people using EPG uploader or EPG extender may have more information in there, which they won't see otherwise.

I'm not even fetching back the extended info yet. What I'll do for the next version is add something to fetch it back treated as a single string and we'll see how that works out. I've not got any TAPs on my box to populate the extended info and I'm unlikely to have much time to try any out, so I'll have to rely on user feedback to get this working.

Quote:

But it's great work, thanks very much. I'm sure the Australians will love this too - lots of them use EPG uploader.

glad you like it Smile

Robin

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
Hi rwg,

I'm noticing a little bugette in 0.25. Always when I do title search, and sometimes when I do genre search, when I go to the episodes list page, the episode name and number aren't displayed.

Cheers,

Dan