Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Site news and feedback  ~  Posting access codes

Page 1 of 1
nwhitfield
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
Some of you may have noticed that I've edited a post in one of the threads to remove information about accessing channels for which people are intended to pay.

I remove material very reluctantly; it's never something I've agreed with in any of the net forums that I've managed over the last 15 years.

However, this site is only a few weeks old; it's becoming a very useful resource for owners and would-be owners of the Topfield PVR. There's already at least one retailer that's providing a link to this site so that buyers can find us easily.

If we do allow the posting and sharing of information regarding free access to channels that are normally paid for, my own feeling is that we will attract the wrong sort of attention, and we'll be less likely to be referred to by resellers, potentially making it harder for TF5800 owners to find the information that will help them get to grips with their machines.

So, I would ask that people refrain from posting information intended to help others avoid paying for services. I'm not interested in arguments about whether or not doing so is legal or not; you can have those on Digital Spy.

I'd simply like to make sure that this site remains helpful and informative, and the sort of place that anyone can recommend to Toppy users, without reservation.

Thanks,

Nigel.