Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Any way to undelete files after emptying the Recycle Bin?

Page 1 of 1
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2009 Posts: 172
A family member has just deleted dozens of episodes I recorded, then emptied the Recycle Bin! Aargh!

I know the files are still "there". Is there any way to restore them?
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4494
There is no undelete mechanism once you have emptied the bin

However, I should be able to find/recover them using my TDM program (it can track the time signatures inherent in recording files)

You would need to send the disk to me (and, to prevent anything being overwritten, stop using the disk immediately). It would also be useful if you could tells me the names of the files you are interested in (so I know if I have the ones you want)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:33 am Reply with quote
Bless you, Geoff, you are always so helpful. In this case, the deleted recordings aren't that important. But thank you anyway! Smile
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
I suggest you set timers to automatically to rerecord the series when/if it is recorded.

Did your family member physically delete the recordings form the recycle bin or were they just automatically deleted after a certain number of days (set Q2 to never if you don't want automatic cleanup)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
Did your family member physically delete the recordings form the recycle bin or were they just automatically deleted after a certain number of days (set Q2 to never if you don't want automatic cleanup)

No automatic cleanup, we just empty the bin every now and then by hitting delete on the bin. Normally it's me who does it, usually after checking everyone's happy for me to do it. This time someone did it accidentally!

Geoff Bacon wrote:
I suggest you set timers to automatically to rerecord the series when/if it is recorded.

Hey that's a great idea! I was annoyed to think that the episodes will be ignored when they're on again. Could you tell me how to get it to re-record all the episodes?
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Assuming you have the original search available, press White and "Rerecord all
episodes" . You might then want to modify the search to use "All Channels" in case it is not broadcast on the original channel

Geoff

Grand Dizzy
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
Assuming you have the original search available, press White and "Rerecord all
episodes" . You might then want to modify the search to use "All Channels" in case it is not broadcast on the original channel

Geoff

Fantastic! It works! Thank you Geoff.

MyStuff is so amazing, I still adore it after all these years! A quality GUI never ages.