Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Antares and Windows 10

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4384
Have you tried reinstalling Antares? (I've read through the thread but can't see if you have done this).

The fact that TM can access the toppy indicates that there is nothing wrong with the driver.

Note: TM uses the predefined Embarcado TPrinter unit, i.e. not something I wrote, and this requires a printer to be defined. If you don't have a physical printer you can define, try installing CutePDF (this allows you to send printer output to a PDF file). You should be able to close TM normally once a printer is defined.

Note 2: Z4t includes both 32 and 64 bit drivers; the installation kit installs the appropriate one for your system. TM is 32 bit only but as far as I am aware, can communicate with whichever driver is installed on the system. As you had 64 bits originally, I would expect that both your driver and Anatares will be 64 bit. One possibility, although I don't know how, is that your version of Antares won't work with the installed driver.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
ccs
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 2582
Poppa Mintin wrote:
I've been using Antares for a few years now without a hint of a problem.

That's with OS Win.7, 64bit... I've been trying for a couple of hours now to get it to work with Win. 10. (Still 64.bit).

Have you upgraded your win7 pc to 10, or are you using a different pc?

The run time libraries for C++ and .NET appear to have changed.

ccsx
fhjones
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Feb 2009 Posts: 165
Post deleted.

?
andyfras
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3452
I was expecting Toppy communication problems after upgrading my Eee to Win 10 from Win 7 (32), but it went without a hitch.

I installed Z4t and was asked to confirm installing a non-signed driver. Antares then worked with no problems. I have also successfully used Altair, Top Manager and TopfHDRW (run as administrator). I've not yet tried TFDN_USB.exe - I suspect that it won't work with Z4t drivers, as on my previous XP laptop, it would only work on one of the USB ports (presumably using an original Topfield driver).

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
alan_m
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3492
andyfras wrote:
I've not yet tried TFDN_USB.exe - I suspect that it won't work with Z4t drivers, as on my previous XP laptop

An up-to-date Antares replaces TFDN_USB - it has the same functionality.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, I'd forgotten that; I've never tried it.

alan_m
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:

For info only:
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/EmptySettings/

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Alan; that's saved me a search. Very Happy

arrow57
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Jun 2015 Posts: 25
Hi Andy
I am trying to transfer recordings from my TF5800 onto my mac mini or MacBook pro or windows 10 laptop, so far many hours have resulted in Zilch.
Is it possible to to do this, I cannot connect my 5800 onto the wifi or via a cable. I think I maybe doing something utterly silly in a numpty kind of way so any help would be appreciated and lead once more to marital harmony.

Regards
Arrow57

alan_m wrote:
andyfras wrote:

For info only:
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/EmptySettings/

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:08 pm Reply with quote
arrow57 wrote:
Hi Andy
I am trying to transfer recordings from my TF5800 onto my mac mini or MacBook pro or windows 10 laptop, so far many hours have resulted in Zilch.
Is it possible to to do this, I cannot connect my 5800 onto the wifi or via a cable. I think I maybe doing something utterly silly in a numpty kind of way so any help would be appreciated and lead once more to marital harmony.

Forget Mac mini or Macbook pro. Use your windows 10 PC/Laptop.

First download and install the usb drivers Z4t

http://haselgrove.id.au/antares/z4t.html

Next download and install on your Win10 PC/Laptop the Antares program
http://haselgrove.id.au/antares/

You now need to directly connect your windows 10 Pc/laptop to the Toppy via a USB to USB cable. You will need a USB A to USB B cable, as used also to connect PCs directly to many printers. Be aware that anything approaching 5 metres in length could be very unreliable so don't go too mad on length.

When you now start up Antares one window pane will be your PC and the other will be the hard disk on the Toppy. You can then copy files in both directions.

Note:
In the Antares web page - Download and installation - Installation procedure:
you can probably ignore steps 1 and 2 as these will probably already be on your win10 computer. Step 4 is the z4t installl.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Jun 2015 Posts: 25
Hi Andy
as ever the case your advice is spot on, I did exactly what you suggested and yippeee I now have total control of my Toppy instead of it controlling me. I can now get to work on releasing 92% of the disk space by transferring "stuff" onto my windows laptop.
Household peace ensues, many thanks.
Arrow57