Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  EPGNavigator: Tap kits that need to be installed

Page 1 of 1
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4174
I've been asked to recover a corrupted toppy disk whose owner uses EPGNavigator and doesn't want to switch to MyStuff.

So, can any EPGNavigator users advise me of the taps/files I need to put on the disk (and where)?
I want to put everything on that the user might need as he doesn't seem to have a means of loading anything himself.

Reading the long EPGNavigator thread, I'm guessing that I need to install EPGNavigator and UKScheduler (UKAuto) as a minimum.

It would also help if several of you could post a current MyInfo Log; that will allow me to identify common tap configurations and also whether or not he needs patches.

Many thanks

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
?
alan_m
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:43 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3474
Geoff Bacon wrote:
I've been asked to recover a corrupted toppy disk whose owner uses EPGNavigator and doesn't want to switch to MyStuff.

So, can any EPGNavigator users advise me of the taps/files I need to put on the disk (and where)?
I want to put everything on that the user might need as he doesn't seem to have a means of loading anything himself.

Reading the long EPGNavigator thread, I'm guessing that I need to install EPGNavigator and UKScheduler (UKAuto) as a minimum.

It would also help if several of you could post a current MyInfo Log; that will allow me to identify common tap configurations and also whether or not he needs patches.

Many thanks

Geoff

It's a very long time since I used EPGNav but it needs the Description Extender TAP or the De patch but you need the latest version of EPGnav for the patch. The latest (last) was V6 BUT it still reported as 5.1

https://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196150#196150

V6 download - the link in the first line of:
https://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174595#174595

There is a menu option within EPGnav to select TAP or patch

If you go to
https://archive.org/web/

and enter the URL
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/epgnavigator/download.html
into the search box

And then scroll down to the calander that appears - and then find a date that is highlighted - and click on the highlighted link you will get an archive copy of the orginal EPGNav site

If you download EPGNav 5.1 from there the zip file contains a release_notes.txt file with some information about packages(taps)

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:53 pm Reply with quote
@alan_m

Thanks for that info; I read through it.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
?
alan_m
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3474
Quote:

The latest (last) was V6 BUT it still reported as 5.1

Just to clarify.
The zip file will have the V6 in the name but when the V6 TAP is run on the Toppy it will still report itself as V5.1. The only differnce may be in the TAP configuration menu with the extra option to select the De patch.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5639 Location: Cheltenham
You might like to edit the header of that TAP with a hex editor to make it report the right version. As long as you're in overwrite mode, it should be fine. If it works, I might be able to remember my site password and upload it!
MikB
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Posts: 285 Location: West Midlands
Geoff Bacon wrote:
I'm guessing that I need to install EPGNavigator and UKScheduler (UKAuto) as a minimum.

I use EPGNavigator with Description Extender (TAP), and don't have UKScheduler/UKAuto, so it's not mandatory.

It "can use" UKScheduler, in the same way it "can use" external fonts provided in the tap's .ZIP, but that's down to the end user's install.

TF5800, IA On, TS On, F/W: 5.13.65T 14/4/2009 -AbCkEeEfEpHeKtRaRhRsSdStSyTeTfTpTsVr+Pf
TAPs: DescriptionExtender 2.1; MeiSearch 1.30; EPG Clean V1.01 Dev Version; EPGnavigator v5.1c; MyInfo B5.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/15
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:26 am Reply with quote
Many thanks all - I have now recovered the disk (well it works in my test toppy anyway).

As SimonC suggested, I patched the tap header (in two places) to change the version to 6.0. However, this is likely to lead to future confusion unless the "official" zip file is similarly modified.

Geoff

?