Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Channel Organiser TAP has been been deleted

Page 1 of 1
PetersToppies
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:36 pm Reply with quote
As of end August 2018, the hosting site (Tiscali) has been deleted by the owner (TalkTalk).
This means Mystuff Installer fails to complete successfully because it tries to download the Channel Organiser TAP.

Since I already have a copy of the CO TAP I could do a manual transfer of the TAP using Antares but the Mystuff installer gave me no opportunity to tailor the screens.

It would be good if someone could put the CO TAP on the Toppy website assuming the owner approves - I gather he's moved on to other things and has made no changes for some years now - The CO Download link is changed and and the Mystuff Installer is updated.
jimi
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2006 Posts: 116
https://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20888

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4123
Install TopManager (link in my signature) and use the Tools| Install Files| Channel Organiser option (this also updates Freeview.dat and the file containing the list of transmitters).

If you want to run the MyStuff installer, you can use the BuildOffLineMyStuffInstaller program (on my web site) to build an up-to-date version of the MyStuff Installer which does not need an internet connection when it is run; use option 1 (full install) - option 2 won't work.

I have a new version of the MyStuff installer just about ready to release; this will be more "intelligent" then the original installer and will bypass unnecessary questions (but will not provide individual installation of things like CO)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
?
PetersToppies
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:45 am Reply with quote
Thanks Geoff - the offline installer is a beaut!

I searched high and low, using many combinations of different buzz words,
for a reference to CO disappearing but turned up nothing. Maybe this thread subject will help others who search for COs site going AWOL.

I like the idea of a single package to install all the TAPs, as at present. If surely simplifies the whole process and anyone who doesn't want an individual TAP can always remove it through Antares.

Many thanks to you and the others who built Mystauff - it's what convinced me to buy Toppies in the first place.

My wife has been using 'another manufacturers product' for a while - I didn't get Andy Fraser to fix the box for which I needed to reload Mystuff (HDD failure) earlier - and she's very keen to get back to using Mystuff as the interface is soooo much better.
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4123
No probs.
Note: I didn't have anything to do with developing MyStuff - I just re-engineered work done by others.

Re your HDD failure; was this down to failing hardware or due to corruption?
If corruption, I can recover the files for you (if you don't want to lose them - and you haven't overwritten them by reusing the disk).

Have you changed all the capacitors in the toppy? If not, your disk problem may have been caused by a failing psu.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
?