Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  TAPs for data recovery/protection?

Page 1 of 1
Stonecreek
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Are there any TAPs for data recovery or data protection?
If you've been on the Computer Connections board, you might have seen my short struggle with data recovery from a corrupt Toppy disk.
While the recovery hasn't worked out too well, the disk is now in working order and the rest of the recovery process can be handled using .dd images instead.
I'd like to take steps to prevent this debacle from happening again, and it could be that a TAP exists out there which can help me with that.
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4175
There aren't any recovery taps or other, generally, available recovery tools.
This means that, if recordings are important, they need to be copied files back to a pc

I have written an fsSave tap which saves an encoded version of the file structures each time the toppy boots. The only thing that can process these files is my TDM program so this is not worth installing because you wouldn't want to send me the disk.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
?
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:48 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 726
I manually run a CMD script on a laptop connected to the Toppy, which backs up settings and recordings to a portable disk using Antares. It needs me to check the drive regularly and delete watched recordings I don't want to keep them

TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer