Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  Toppy TF5800PVR taps.

Page 1 of 1
toppyfan1
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
Hello. I don't suppose anyone has a concise folder of taps on a drive somewhere, or even a fresh download link? The official website links, for example 'my stuff' appear to be broken. My boxes HDD has corrupted/lost data, possibly because of a failed PSU capacitor. Really wish I knew how to before as i would have backed up all data. I'd really like to get the full fantastic functionality back. Have Alistair and drivers working on Vista 32 bit, some lesser known taps have transferred and work well. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:50 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4158
I'm not aware of a site that contains a "concise folder of taps".

I think the MyStuff installer should still work (but "shortly" won't when EMJB's site finally closes). However, you should be able to use my Build Offline MyStuff Installer program. This will provide most of the taps that are generally used.

Suggest you also install my TopManager program on your pc; this aids managing your toppy e.g. it can make a snapshot of ProgramFiles, install common taps, checking the system etc

If you haven't replaced all the capacitors in the psu then contact andyfras for details of his services.

If your recordings are important to you, I can recover them from a corrupted toppy disk using my ToppyDiskMedic program - but you would have to send the disk to me. It doesn't matter if you have reformatted the disk on the toppy but obviously isn't worth the effort if you have used it extensively the psu repair.

TopManager (TM) has many functions. In particular, use the "Display |MyInfo log" option to retrieve/display the file. Then Ctrl A (select all), Ctrl C (copy) and Ctrl V (paste) into this thread (use the right mouse buttons if you don't want to use the Ctrl characters).

You can also use the TM |Tools| Update Forum Profile to add a signature to your posts (showing the bottom lines of the MyInfo Log)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
?
toppyfan1
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:30 am Reply with quote
First of all Geoff, may I say many thanks for the very brilliant work still being done to keep these old, but very good boxes going.
My TF5800PVR box is all up and running again thanks to this great easy to use tap bundle and program, think I may actually have more functionality than before. Did end up deleting the Prune epg tap via the box, as this seemed to be conflicting with my stuff 6.6.
Also replaced one bulging 16V 1000uf capacitor before sending this all to the box (most have been replaced over 10 years of ownership) but will look at doing them all again at some time in the near future.
Did also try sending this all to an alternative Seagate 160gb drive set to master config (old drive is a samsung 160gb), using Vista 32 bit, but it wouldn't link up. Tbh, there was nothing that important recorded on the old drive that couldn't be lost.
Your excellent work is well and truely appreciated, so thankyou. Laughing

Simon.
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4158
You do need to install PruneEPG; it shouldn't cause any issues worth Mystuff 6.6

Have you tried TopManager? If so, you can use the Tools| Install Files option to put it back on the box.

Also use the Tools| Display MyInfo Log. Then
1) Click in bottom window
2) Ctrl A (select all) - or use Right Mouse for popup menus
3) Ctrl C (copy)
4) Add to this thread and Ctrl V (paste)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; EPG2MEI v0.96; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6; WSSkiller V2.12d; CrashTrace v0.4; fsSave 1.1; PruneEPG 1.0;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/16
?