Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Excess timers problem.

Page 1 of 1
shenson
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 569
A few timers several days in the future are showing the X symbol meaning they are excess timers. That's not a problem.

I tried to set a one off timer for today and it refused saying there was a clash but the clash screen showed nothing clashing. In the timers list it also shows an X. I would've thought it would convert a later timer to excess instead of refusing to set a recent one.

I've temporarily reduced the number of days to search ahead to avoid the excess timers and that has fixed it for now.

Any suggestions?

andyfras
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3457
Duplicate channels can cause this.

Before retuning, do a facory reset to clear the old channels first. Or, even better, use Channel Organiser which will clear old channels and only tune the single required transmitter in areas where multiple transmitters are receivable. It also makes it easy to delete all the unwanted, 'dross' channels.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4422
Or retune use TopManager/PcControl | Channel Management - you already have the tap installed.

Your signature doesn't show my PruneEPG tap. Are you still running MS 6.5 or have you upgraded to 6.6 and forgotten to update your signature? Upgrading to 6.6 will install this tap; if you want to stay on 6.6 then use TM Tools| Install Files to add it

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
shenson
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 569
Yes my signature was out of date. I've updated it now. I've just tried setting the timer again and it is OK now. Weird, some kind of random glitch perhaps?