Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MySuff no loading on first switch on.

Page 1 of 1
Fort Jefferson
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I have a problem with my 5810 not loading My Stuff when it's first switched on. If I power off and then on again, it loads.

This is causing problems when recording from stand by, it doesn't load, so it doesn't record. If I go to power off, I get the Toppy message saying it's recording, do I want to switch off anyway, so I do, and when I re-start, it loads My Stuff and starts recording the program it thinks it was recording even if it's finished.

I've loaded the latest version of My Stuff but to no avail. Not sure if this is hardware or software problem, please help.

Thanks John.
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4404
Do you use TopManager and PcControl? (you don't have a signature on your post so can't determine using that)

If so, reload the PcControl tap using the TM Tools| Install Files option (I think initial versions of PcControl had an issue with load order but I can't remember what)

Please also post your MyInfo Log (TM Display| MyInfo Log, CtrlA, CtlC and CtrlV to paste into this thread.

You can use Tools| Update Forum Profile | Build to create a signature block that is automatically added to your posts.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
andyfras
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3457
If the PSU capacitors have not yet been replaced, that is overdue.

Also the front panel clock battery will probably have failed if it has not yet been replaced.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 768
The box doesn't need MyStuff to be running to record. MS uses the native Toppy recording functionality, albeit with added flair. The box will continue to record the MS-set recordings even if you remove MS

Noiseblocker XR1 fan added Mar '18
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+U+Uu
TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
juwlz
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
I was just about to say the same thing. MyStuff SETS your timers (i.e. it tells the firmware about them), but does not need to be running for the timers to FIRE. The firmware does that all by itself. If MyStuff is not running, your timers will still run, but the recordings won't get autofiled.

As andyfras has said, it's more likely to be a problem with the capacitors or the clock.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Fort Jefferson
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
If the PSU capacitors have not yet been replaced, that is overdue.

Also the front panel clock battery will probably have failed if it has not yet been replaced.

I changed the clock battery last year, but have never done the capacitors on the PSU. I've just looked at the Wiki page and priced them at Farnells and they seem cheap enough to replace so I think I'll do that.

(I notice you do a kit, so I'll PM you. John.)
Fort Jefferson
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
UPDATE.

I have replaced the PSU with one from a spare 5810 I had, which I have found out, has had the capacitors replaced, and it appears to have cured the problem.

C10 and C14 are domed on the one I've taken out so when my new capacitors arrive I'll get that sorted.

Thanks to all for your advice. John.