Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Antares woes (Windows 7 Pro - SP1)

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4422
That is correct, you turn the toppy on but ONLY after z4t tells you to.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
Bomber
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
Hi Geof,

Still no joy. I deleted all references to toppy in USBdeview and switched toppy on. I can see windows trying to install win-usb and then run z4t with a reported successful driver instalation. But I still get "PVR error - already in
use" any other ideas?

cheers

B
jrg
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply, alan_m. The removing of the false drivers solved the first issue but it seems as if my toppy was blowing hard drives so I couldn't be sure.

Now I've picked up a 2nd hand machine from E-bay os I'm running again

Jon

alan_m wrote:
jrg wrote:
Hi,

I've not been able to find an answer for this question on searching the site and the various help sources.

I'm trying to set Antares up on a 64 bit Win7 laptop.

I use Zadig for installing the correct driver (winusb) but when I run Antares I get told "PVR Error -- wrong driver installed"

How do I resolve this please?

Jon

Maybe restart your computer to pick up the new driver and/or kill off any other application that it thiks is still connected to your Toppy.

Run z4t to install the USB driver
http://haselgrove.id.au/antares/z4t.html

maybe windows has previous associated the wrong USB drivers with the Toppy

A utility such as USBDeview can identify the driver associated with the Toppy (and allow you to remove it if incorrect).
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

USB Deview screen shot of my configuration with the Toppy
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/usbdeview/

(Since 12/05)
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
If your toppy is "blowing hard drives" then you need to get the psu/capacitors replaced; contact andyfras for details.

Likewise, if you have picked up a toppy from ebay then this is also likely to need the capacitors changed.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
C Nile
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if this is the right place, but my 5810 went off tonight I think as a result of a recorded programme ending. As the BSB recording ended due to running out of time the PVR went into vf&f and after that I cant do a thing. It still works ok as far as changing channels etc, but when I try to turn it off a dialogue box advises me not too as a recording is in progress but not according to my native timer list. My stuff doesn't load after a few minutes as it should, and my PC with top manager loaded doesn't "see" the 5810 at all, so I tried running z4t, but the unit is not there in the list, and no amount of usb cables and different ports will allow me to connect it up. Assistance please

?
C Nile
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote
Tried again this morning to connect my 5810 to my PC, and got the same message every time , except for once when pressing the power on button on the pvr whilst opening top manager, and this was the resultant screen.
"Connecting to toppy
no toppy connections detected
attempting to open USB connection using XP.dll
attempting to open USB connection using Vista .dll
attempting to open USB connection using tfWinUSB.dll
USB to toppy established
Checking visibility of directories on the Toppy
Error: DirectoryExists Exception Failure (#:\programfiles\)
Error: DirectoryExists Exception Failure (#:\datafiles\)
Error: Unable to detect Toppy top level directories
Please check that Toppy is switched on and connected to your server
Closed Toppy connection"

?
C Nile
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
Tried again this morning to connect my 5810 to my PC, and got the same message every time , except for once when pressing the power on button on the pvr whilst opening top manager, and this was the resultant screen.
"Connecting to toppy
no toppy connections detected
attempting to open USB connection using XP.dll
attempting to open USB connection using Vista .dll
attempting to open USB connection using tfWinUSB.dll
USB to toppy established
Checking visibility of directories on the Toppy
Error: DirectoryExists Exception Failure (#:\programfiles\)
Error: DirectoryExists Exception Failure (#:\datafiles\)
Error: Unable to detect Toppy top level directories
Please check that Toppy is switched on and connected to your server
Closed Toppy connection"

?
juwlz
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
C Nile wrote:
Don't know if this is the right place, but my 5810 went off tonight I think as a result of a recorded programme ending. As the BSB recording ended due to running out of time the PVR went into vf&f and after that I cant do a thing. It still works ok as far as changing channels etc, but when I try to turn it off a dialogue box advises me not too as a recording is in progress but not according to my native timer list. My stuff doesn't load after a few minutes as it should, and my PC with top manager loaded doesn't "see" the 5810 at all
Sounds more like a hardware problem than an Antares problem - highly likely if you've had your 5810 since 2009, and have never had the PSU repaired ... in fact, that could be a record! (And it would probably have been better to start a new thread.)

But anyway, switch it off at the mains, read Toppy Repairs, and contact andyfras in Fleet, Hampshire who offers a repair service.

Alternatively, it may be a Disk wipe due to poor signal

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
@C Nile.

The TopManager messages indicate that although it managed to connect to the toppy, it couldn't access the disk (or it didn't detect the expected folders).

You shouldn't have tried rerunning z4t - the problem was obviously on the toppy, so trying to reinstall the driver has just added another unknown into the equation. However, as z4t couldn't detect the toppy, this implies that there is an issue with the USB connection. Assuming that the USB cable was properly fitted and combined with your previous issues on the toppy, this is most likely the USB logic on the toppy.

As Juwlz says, switch it off and get the psu repaired/checked by andyfras (you might want to send him the whole toppy rather than just the psu board).

Quite often, disk problems disappear after the psu is fixed but, if necessary,
I can recover the data if it is important (if it isn't important, you can just reformat the disk and start again).

Geoff

C Nile
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
It may be the power supply, but I fitted a kit of caps from andyfraz around 2 years ago to cure a repeated re-start problem and its been great since. It is not on long daily, it powers up around 6 PM and shuts itself down at 11:30 PM, so don't see why the power supply should have gone again so quickly.
So please tell me which section to start the new thread in

?
juwlz
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
C Nile wrote:
So please tell me which section to start the new thread in
I'd opt for general Toppy discussions.

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
C Nile
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Topic moved to General discussions as suggested

?