Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Building Taps in Desktop IDE

Page 1 of 1
microkid
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Dec 2005 Posts: 82
Just wondering as I mainly write iOS apps these days is it possible to build TAPS in xCode using Objective C at all?

Also wondering is it possible to modify Visual Studio (I have 2013 Ultimate) to build taps in there using either C++ or C#?
EMJB
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3632 Location: Maldon Essex
microkid wrote:
Just wondering as I mainly write iOS apps these days is it possible to build TAPS in xCode using Objective C at all?

Also wondering is it possible to modify Visual Studio (I have 2013 Ultimate) to build taps in there using either C++ or C#?

The answer as to whether these are "possible" might be "yes", but I can't help thinking they will take far more work than can be justified unless you are going to take on a very major TAP exercise. Your first problem will be getting the necessary cross-compilation to work

EMJB

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
TAP author Joined: 29 Oct 2005 Posts: 604 Location: Oxfordshire
Once upon a time, long long ago, I wrote a Windows based TAP emulator called 'Tapulator'. This lets you develop your TAP code by writing it, building it and debugging it in Visual Studio. Basically you compile the same c/c++ code that your Makefile would compile into the TAP inside a visual studio project to make a static lib, link it into a dll and the tapulator.exe loads and runs it for you.

There are some details on this page, but all the links from that page seem dead (Berlios closed down, etc).

I do still have the source code somewhere, so could pop it onto Github or similar if you are interested.

cheers,

Robin