Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  AV & other discussions  ~  Context

Page 1 of 1
nwhitfield
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9577
I really am surprised that it's taken so many years to get an email like this one at the admin address:

Quote:
We are sanitary wares factory from china and main products are many kinds of taps. With our strong R&D and workmanship, we do hope that have chance to establish long business relationship in future .

The subject, naturally, was "Tap manufacture"

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10801 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Rolling Eyes

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Bizman
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2010 Posts: 1707
Reminds me of when I was with the MOD and during trials of their Bulletin Board someone used the name 'Armitage Shanks' that well known sanitary hardware manufacturer.

After a while it became apparent that they were doing things others couldn't, like post pictures. It was later discovered that said name had been used by the board Admin during testing and still had full board priviliges.

Other TAPs : FsCheck, Channel Organiser. PSU Caps 7/2/2011 Tx: Mendip. TV: Samsung (32"), NSLU2, STB: Labgear FV300. PC Acer Aspire One with Win7 Starter
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 741
Back in the days when Readers Digest used to send out mailings, I was in the Army and the Mess in which I lived was a converted old house in the style of a French chateau called Minley Manor - you can find pictures of it on google.

The mailing I got was typical of those days, where they left a blank space and printed in your address and information into the letter at a later date. This mailing offered a discounted subscription and entry into a prize draw to "redecorate all of Minley Manor for free". If you look at the pictures, you can see why I almost took them up on the offer...

[edit]Just found out it's for sale with Carter Jonas. Bigger video of it here. [/edit]

TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer