Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Satellite receivers, cable boxes and PVRs  ~  advice please: vu+ duo 1tb hd

Page 1 of 1
tippy
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Posts: 210 Location: tachnoleston, norfolk
looking for some advice please.
a chap locally (someone i have bought from before) is selling a VU+DUO enigma 2 hd pvr twin satellite receiver, 1tb hard drive, wants 250 but will be around 220.
with this comes 7 months of a total sky package including box office.
he renews this every year and it would cost me around 60 for a year when this 7 months runs out.
there are no cards in the slots and no cams, so from reading around for a few hours im guessing he is using softcams.
now i know zero about all this but it seems this must be illegal but would i be breaking the law.
also if this is software based would i just be running a continuous stream, as too use it as too get these channels it has to remain linked to the web or is that just to decode it.
if illegal how illegal and how can you get caught.
it all just seems to good to be true which normally means it is.
he is a smashing elderly bloke who is very into his technology and i would say very trustworthy and is genuinely only selling this as he has the new ultimo version and is upgrading, he is very the upgrading type, everything tech gadget he has is top end equipment.
just looking for some advise really as i know very little about it other than what ive read today, which has been a bit much to take in.

thanks.

tippy.

?
tippy
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Posts: 210 Location: tachnoleston, norfolk
done a bit more searching and found it is very illegal.
thought it sounded too good.
still not certain what laws the receiver (me) would be breaking though as it seems from what i can find that its the provider or card sharer that the main offender.
but then thats a bit like using torrents or newsgroups, with newsgroups your not uploading which is the more serious element.
be interested to have some other opinions on this if anyone has any.

?