Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  OZ Toppies  ~  Can I Recover Deleted TV Programs?

Page 1 of 1
docwaz
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I have a Topfield TRF-2460. Not long ago, I accidentally deleted a couple of TV programs that I want to keep. Does anyone know of a way of recovering the files? I have taken the HD out and put into a HD caddy on a win7 system (64 bit), but the Toppy HDD is not recognized, nor is it possible to convert the disk from a 'basic' to a 'dynamic' disk.

I have also tried scanning using FileRecoveryAffiliate, but no success --> I think this goes back to the HDD not being recognised by win7.

If anyone has some ideas or experience in recovery of accidentally deleted programs, I would be most greatful.

PS: I turned the Toppy off and have not recorded any further programs to ensure I did not overwrite any sectors on the Toppy HDD.

juwlz
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10804 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
TopfHDRW will read / recover Toppy hard drives. I haven't tried to use it to recover deleted files, but it's probably your only hope.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
qubits
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2010 Posts: 165 Location: Australia
juwlz wrote:
TopfHDRW will read / recover Toppy hard drives. I haven't tried to use it to recover deleted files, but it's probably your only hope.

Actually that probably won't work in this case. The TRF-2460 is a TMS (high definition) model, and as far as I'm aware TopfHDRW only works for standard definition toppies.

docwaz, you might want to try asking your question in the TRF2460 section of the itopfield.com.au forums.