Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  For Sale - Black Panther TF5800 + Silver TF5800 - Now Sold

Page 1 of 1
andyfras
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3464
A Black Panther with new PSU capacitors and a 250GB HDD. It comes boxed with a manual, short RF lead, long RF lead, scart lead and a new original remote.

Price 70 including carriage. Save 10 if you can collect from Fleet (M3 J4a/5).

(Please note that this is not a donated Toppy; there will be one of those along shortly).

Last edited by andyfras on Sun May 27, 2012 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
andyfras
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I have a donated silver 5800 which is a bit of a hybrid. It was originally donated with a faulty mainboard. I have not yet been able to fix the mainboard fault, but then a kind forum member donated a spare mainboard, so I now have a working Toppy to offer. The profits from this will be donated towards the forum running costs, as I've done previously.

The silver one has a new set of capacitors (of course) and comes with manual, remote and short RF cable. It has a 250GB disk, but I can offer other options.

Minimum price is 60 inc. delivery, but higher bids will mean a bigger forum donation.

Last edited by andyfras on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

andyfras
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
The silver Toppy is temporarily withdrawn, as I have just used its mainboard to replace one with faulty tuner in a forum member's Toppy.

I will replace the faulty tuner when I get time, so it will be available again soon.

DaveAlekhine
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I might be interested in this as my Toppy has just stopped working. Is it still available?

Thanks in anticipation.

andyfras wrote:
A Black Panther with new PSU capacitors and a 250GB HDD. It comes boxed with a manual, short RF lead, long RF lead, scart lead and a new original remote.

Price 70 including carriage. Save 10 if you can collect from Fleet (M3 J4a/5).

(Please note that this is not a donated Toppy; there will be one of those along shortly).
alan_m
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3523
DaveAlekhine wrote:
I might be interested in this as my Toppy has just stopped working. Is it still available?

Andy (andyfras) can probably fix your Toppy for a very reasonable cost. Hit the PM (Personal Message) button in the signature of his post above to contact him. Andy is in Fleet Hampshire.

MikeyP (Bolton) also provides a repair service for forum members.

Very common fault as seen by hundreds of fellow forum members
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Topfield_5800/PSU_Repair

other less common faults
https://sites.google.com/site/andyfraserelectronics/freeview-and-satellite-recorder-repair/topfield-pvr-faults

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
PM sent to DaveAlekhine.

andyfras
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
The Black Panther is now sold.

I have not fixed the silver Toppy yet (swapping tuners is very time-consuming). I'll post here when it's ready, but feel free to express an interest in the meantime.

andyfras
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
The silver Toppy has now been sold.

A donation has been made to the forum running costs. Thanks to BouncyCow for the donated mainboard.