Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  first installation

Page 1 of 1
murraymc
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
I've just acquired a tf5800 and on installing it,there is too many channels listing and it says tuner 1 not connected but have the rf loop going from 1-2 also tried to set a timer at the same time on another channel and it came up conflict the pvr is in the bedroom running off an aerial is amplified then goes through a distribution block but my humax and hitachi pvr's where perfect reception showing near 100% signal strength,has anybody any suggestions or help? thanks
andyfras
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3468
I suggest that you start with a factory reset to clear all old channels and settings.

Menu / Installation / Factory Setting

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
jumbo
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
If you are using the little RF cable in the loop then bin it and get another as the standard issue short cable causes all sorts of problems.

Presumably you've acquired the Toppy second-hand in which case you should make sure that it is not faulty, i.e. check both tuners individually (not together). Not wanting to spoil your fun, you might also want to read/peruse through the Toppy PSU Wiki just in case you come across a problem you may not be familiar with which would require immediate attention.

Another "must do" is installation of the MyInfo TAP and posting its output in your forum signature; This would help others help you more objectively.
juwlz
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10804 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
jumbo wrote:
If you are using the little RF cable in the loop then bin it and get another as the standard issue short cable causes all sorts of problems
Amazingly, I've never had a problem with any of mine, but it's certainly an easy thing to change.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012