Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  OZ Toppies  ~  Toppy 5000k back to square one

Page 1 of 1
csutak40
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 Oct 2009 Posts: 41 Location: Melbourne Australia
I just got a second silver Toppy, which I am very happy about, I really do love this model Toppy, so great to have a back-up. I updated the firmware to Mar 2009, changed the HDD for a 500gig one and attempted to find the latest TAPS for everything. There are a few problems though. When I bought my original Toppy, I had the old forum to refer to with all my problems and the knowledge base there was extensive. Trouble is, I no longer remember how I did certain things. For instance, I can't remember (but I KNOW there is a way) on how to sort the TAPS.
I use IceBox2 with my old Toppy, but as I can't get hold of another one, I have to go back the USB transfers with Toppy Mark II. I also use TED on Toppy Mark I, I don't think one can use that on two machines either. That won't be much of a problem, as I won't be recording as many things on Mark II as Mark I. Having installed all the TAPS, there is some sort of problem, EPG_uploader is complaining bitterly about something (can't read the error message, disappears too fast and it can't open the log file either - will have to study the ini file later) I considered copying the ini files over from Mark I, but as I won't be using TED, I thought it may be easier to start from the beginning.
So, first things first. Would anyone know how to sort TAPS? I vaguely remember that PBK was supposed to be first, but it refuses to stay there, they seem to sort themselves into alpha order Confused
BTW, if there is a better/newer way of running things (basically I just want to find the easiest way of uploading the EPG from IceTV and then set timers) I have been running things the same way for years, but this would be a good time to change things. I would be very grateful for suggestions.
Also, if anyone happens to have a no longer needed IceBox2, I would love to buy it off you Tongue Razz

I did try searching for this info, couldn't find anything

Topfield5000PVRt; Device version v5.2.87; App Version TF-NPTA 5.12.48; Last Update Feb 20 2006; PBK10.15; EPG_Uploader3.26beta6; JustEPG16.3c; TimerExtend8.11; DirLister8.5; mcgCYRResume1.0; IceTV and TEDS 7.10.1.512
Darucla
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1544
Tap Commander is used to sort tap loading order. I think it is available from the Welcome page here or via Tap World.

However, the rest of the information is unlikely to be provided (I could be wrong) on this forum, as there are very few Australian users these days. I believe there is a new Australian site.
csutak40
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Darucla wrote:
Tap Commander is used to sort tap loading order. I think it is available from the Welcome page here or via Tap World.

However, the rest of the information is unlikely to be provided (I could be wrong) on this forum, as there are very few Australian users these days. I believe there is a new Australian site.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did notice the lack of posts, but was hoping that people may still lurk. I never did take to the "new" Australian site Smile Wink

Meanwhile, seems I have bigger problems. EPG_Uploader is most unhappy. I copied my ini file from Toppy Mark I (except for the TED part) but it reverted to the default. Get three error messages I've never seen before:

EPG Uploader
Unsupported Platform for exTAP environ, not all features supported contact EPG Uploader Author FW-416.1500
________
Maybe can't open firmware.dat? FBLib failed to init
416 1500 80371e0c

I think I'd better write to Tony Crying or Very sad

Topfield5000PVRt; Device version v5.2.87; App Version TF-NPTA 5.12.48; Last Update Feb 20 2006; PBK10.15; EPG_Uploader3.26beta6; JustEPG16.3c; TimerExtend8.11; DirLister8.5; mcgCYRResume1.0; IceTV and TEDS 7.10.1.512
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4493
Is there a Firmware.dat file on your Mk 1 system? (on a TF5800, it is located in /ProgramFiles/Settings).

If so, see if there is one on Mk 2 and, if not, copy one to the same folder.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
csutak40
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Geoff Bacon wrote:
Is there a Firmware.dat file on your Mk 1 system? (on a TF5800, it is located in /ProgramFiles/Settings).

If so, see if there is one on Mk 2 and, if not, copy one to the same folder.

Geoff

Ooh, that looks promising... Just one question. Does it matter that I have a different version firmware on Toppy MkI? (it has Feb 2006) Haven't gotten around updating that yet. It has no "settings" folder btw, just under ProgramFiles

csutak40
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote
I had another look at EPS_Uploader's readme this morning and discovered that firmware.dat is part of the TAP. So, I copied that into the program file. This eliminated the error message about "can't open firmware.dat" but the other two are still there, so the problem hasn't been solved Crying or Very sad

juwlz
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10804 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
I can't help with the specifics, but my standard approach to setting up a second Toppy is always to take a copy of /ProgramFiles and all its subdirectories on the original (which won't take long - the entire directory will be considerably smaller than a short recording), and then copy everything to the new one.

Apart from changing the load order of your TAPs, that should pretty much make sure that you have everything in place and configured the same way on your new box.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
csutak40
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
I can't help with the specifics, but my standard approach to setting up a second Toppy is always to take a copy of /ProgramFiles and all its subdirectories on the original (which won't take long - the entire directory will be considerably smaller than a short recording), and then copy everything to the new one.

Apart from changing the load order of your TAPs, that should pretty much make sure that you have everything in place and configured the same way on your new box.

Julie

Thanks for that. The reason I've been avoiding doing that was that, as I won't be using TED/S on Toppy Mk II, the ini files will be different and I am not always sure which bits relate to TED. I may end up having to do that in the end though. I have written to Tony, but I may have the wrong email address.
Meanwhile, (I completely forgot) I found a copy of Peter's "AllQuestionsAnswered" from the old Forum. On that I found:
If you want your TAPs to load in a particular order (so certain TAPs respond to button presses first) then delete all your TAPs and record for two minutes. Now reload your TAPs in the desired order and the Toppy will remember.
I knew there was a way! Razz I thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone else ever wants to know

juwlz
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10804 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
csutak40 wrote:
If you want your TAPs to load in a particular order (so certain TAPs respond to button presses first) then delete all your TAPs and record for two minutes. Now reload your TAPs in the desired order and the Toppy will remember.
I knew there was a way! Razz I thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone else ever wants to know
Yeah, that's the hard way. TAPCommander makes it much easier and is much quicker of course Wink.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012