Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Freeview, TopUp and TV  ~  Virgin/ Channel One

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
If you can't post a link to the relevant thread perhaps you could tell us what search term might lead us to it?

ccs
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Oct 2007 Posts: 2602
The second link in the Google search "delete channel mystuff recordings site:toppy.org.uk" might be a help, but I'm not sure if there was an absolute answer.

The same search (without the site:toppy.org.uk) on this sites google gives different results. Confused

Or try this link.

ccsx
juwlz
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:30 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Thank you ccs for supplying the link that I didn't have time to search for myself at the time.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to encourage people to search for these things themselves as a matter of principle anyway Shocked Wink.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
mike.hinson
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
juwlz wrote:
Thank you ccs for supplying the link that I didn't have time to search for myself at the time.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to encourage people to search for these things themselves as a matter of principle anyway Shocked Wink.

Julie
Channel One was only just changed, nothing discussed about it except in this thread so "search for it" comments seem a discouraging.

The threads about other deleted channels causing this behavior don't define a solution that I can find, but speed reading is not my best skill.

Since the header is in many people's files thanks to mei2archive, it would be nice if MS would read it (as suggested by Jumbo). This would also provide compatibility with "Cut Files" & "Cut Adds" which various people includin me have asked for.

One suggestion was to create a dummy channel, but no one has responded to say if that helps. I will try it if I can find out how to create a dummy LCN.

Thanks,
/\/\

EMJB
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3643 Location: Maldon Essex
mike.hinson wrote:
One suggestion was to create a dummy channel, but no one has responded to say if that helps. I will try it if I can find out how to create a dummy LCN.
See here.

EMJB