Regular contributor Joined: 04 Nov 2007 Posts: 90
m003 wrote:
....will try tonight.

Now working fine. Thx

EMJB
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3645 Location: Maldon Essex
B1.1 is available from here.

The major changes from B1 include a number of bug fixes (including correction of timer re-generation errors after rescanning for MS users), and it should handle the regionalisation of ITV1+1 for rt2mei users. TF5800 & TF5810 users should no longer need the Firmware.dat file.

The changes from RC3 are all related to deletion - a bug associated witht he "automatic" option has hopefully been fixed, and the first deletion default option now includes the illegal LCNs (as do the the other options).

The new "Freview.dat" should be installed by all but those who have already installed it with RC3.

Please post any problems here.

EMJB
jim-easterbrook
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jan 2007 Posts: 127
EMJB wrote:
Please post any problems here.

Just installed version B1.1, everything seems to be working OK except I can't change the channel order in my favourites lists. Pip-switch gets me into the appropriate mode, but the green & yellow keys have no effect.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Edit: just realised that I hadn't quit QuickJump before running ChannelOrganiser - usually I do a TAPless reboot - so maybe it's QuickJump 'stealing' the key presses.

Edit2: tried with a TAPless reboot and am still unable to edit the display order. Furthermore, pressing the left or right arrow puts me back into the 'edit the contents of' menu, although the help still says green/yellow keys promote/demote the channel.

TAPs: EIT Sub v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Tap
Launcher 3.10; QuickJump 1.71; MyStuff 6.5; TF5000 Display v1.53; MyInfo B5.5;
Misc. Raspberry Pi + 250GB disc|Raspbian|ftpd-topfield
glenmcfar
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Green and yellow work fine for me. I don't close quickjump down at all

EMJB
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
jim-easterbrook wrote:
Edit2: tried with a TAPless reboot and am still unable to edit the display order. Furthermore, pressing the left or right arrow puts me back into the 'edit the contents of' menu, although the help still says green/yellow keys promote/demote the channel.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce your problem (with or without other TAPs running). The green yellow keys work Ok for me, and PipSw moves beween the three modes and changes both the key action list at the bottom of the screen and the help screen obtained by pressing "Text".

Incidentally if QuickJump is well behaved (and I have got my TAP right), it should not intercept any keys while another TAP like CO is active. Furthermore I would expect it to only intercept the keys while replaying, which I assume you were not doing. Glen's comment would indicate that this logic is working OK.

Have you used previous version successfully? I have not intentionally changed anything obviously relevant recently, but one can never be sure.

Is your patch list up to date? In desperation I suppose it might be worth you posting a recent "MyInfo" log in case someone can see something odd there.

EMJB
jim-easterbrook
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Just tried going back to version B1.0 and have the same problem. However, I did find that immediately after entering the 'change order' screen I could move BBC1 (which is in the no 1 position) down and back, but after paging down (I want to move 'Challenge' which is currently around position 22) I couldn't move anything, even after paging back up to BBC1.

Editing the relevant favlist on my Asus (which takes a frequent image of my Toppy's ProgramFiles folder) doesn't show any odd characters or any other problem that I can see.

My sig info is up to date. MyInfo Log.txt doesn't show any problems.

EMJB
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 am Reply with quote
jim-easterbrook wrote:
... I did find that immediately after entering the 'change order' screen I could move BBC1 (which is in the no 1 position) down and back, but after paging down ...

Eureka - it is the "Page Down" key operation that messes it up, and has probably done so in all the published versions. Hope to be able to release a fix later today.

EMJB
jim-easterbrook
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
jim-easterbrook wrote:
... I did find that immediately after entering the 'change order' screen I could move BBC1 (which is in the no 1 position) down and back, but after paging down ...

Eureka - it is the "Page Down" key operation that messes it up, and has probably done so in all the published versions. Hope to be able to release a fix later today.

Thanks. It's such a relief to know I'm not going completely mad.

I'm sure I've been able to reorder my lists before though. Maybe I never used page down when doing so before.

EMJB
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
B1.2 is available from here. This includes an update to the Freeview.dat file for the latest channel changes, but the latter can be downloaded on its own from here.

There are 3 bug fixes for the following:

(1) jim-easterbrook's problem above.

(2) A problem when updating rt2mei files only reported by Geoff bacon

(3) Failure to reboot the TF5000 Display TAP after updating the "chn" file (so a Toppy reboot ewas needed to implement the changes).

and there is some additional logic to find errors in the Freeview.dat file.

EMJB
jim-easterbrook
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
There are 3 bug fixes for the following:

(1) jim-easterbrook's problem above.

Many thanks. Installed and working fine - my favourites list is now sorted the way I want it (given the channels available).

Darucla
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1544
Hi. I occasionally have noticed that information for Film 4 in the extended epg on a flag timer in MyStuff suggests that the ending of a film will be missed as it goes on past 3 AM.
I have reset the ini files for both Extend and Epg2mei, which were both showing that Film 4 finished at 3 AM (it often goes on till 4). I finally have realised that the reversion to 3 was happening after using Channel Organizer. I think I have traced it to the Freeeview.dat, which has Film 4 ending at 3.
I have now changed this on my Topfields, but I think it would probably help if you could change it on your files. Smile
Mr_topcat
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2009 Posts: 91 Location: Bedfordshire
EMJB wrote:
This a new TAP to replace both Channel Manager and Favourites Manager

The main features are:

? Channel scan - can be limited to current transmitter channels or groups of channels corresponding to the various aerial groups. Scanning only the current channels avoids the introduction of duplicate channels and minimises the scan time. A Factory Reset is performed, but your system settings are restored immediately afterwards, and timers can re re-instated ? see below.
EMJB

Hi

I am wondering if there is an option to scan only a pre defined list of channel numbers - the option to scan by aerial group is OK if your DVB-T muxes are all in 1 group. . . but when they are spread across the UHF band and interleaved with DVB-T muxs from other Txs things get a bit complex.

thank you

Mr_topcat

EMJB
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Mr_topcat wrote:
Hi

I am wondering if there is an option to scan only a pre defined list of channel numbers - the option to scan by aerial group is OK if your DVB-T muxes are all in 1 group. . . but when they are spread across the UHF band and interleaved with DVB-T muxs from other Txs things get a bit complex.

thank you

Mr_topcat

I haven't included this sort of feature as I foresaw a full scan as being a rarity only needed on new Toppy & at DSO. Once you have the correct channels use the existing Tx option.

All most people will gain is saving a minute or two which would be far less than the time needed to discover and then enter the channels you want. Even if you get multiple transmitters, I think it would be quicker to do a full scan and delete the unwanted duplicates than do as you suggest.

Alternatively you can use FastScanGui for the initial & post-DSO searches, but even then I doubt if you will save much time over an extended search & deletion of any duplicates.

EMJB
Mr_topcat
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:44 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Dec 2009 Posts: 91 Location: Bedfordshire
EMJB wrote:
Mr_topcat wrote:
Hi

thank you

Mr_topcat

I haven't included this sort of feature as I foresaw a full scan as being a rarity only needed on new Toppy & at DSO. Once you have the correct channels use the existing Tx option.

All most people will gain is saving a minute or two which would be far less than the time needed to discover and then enter the channels you want. Even if you get multiple transmitters, I think it would be quicker to do a full scan and delete the unwanted duplicates than do as you suggest.

Alternatively you can use FastScanGui for the initial & post-DSO searches, but even then I doubt if you will save much time over an extended search & deletion of any duplicates.

EMJB

Thank you for your response and explanation. Yes I understand I could delete the duplicates. . . but my concern is that it may be the duplicate that I need to keep! As during a full Scan the toppy may find the "wrong transmitter" first.

Example: At DSO Sandy Heath DVB-T will be spread across the complete UHF band. In March 2011 - 2 Muxes are moving to Group A , which complicates things Sad as Crystal Palace is in Group A which my antenna pointing to S. Heath can see "through the side". So any full scan will find the C. Palace Muxs first. Crying or Very sad

Currently I disconnect the aerial from my Toppy whilst the Toppy on a full scan passes through Group A.

I am wondering if I were to use FastScanGUI which basically lets me select the Channel numbers for a scan (by transmitter name) and then I were to use Channel Organiser on "Existing Tx" would Channel Organiser know that the channels that FastScanGUI used are my "Existing Tx" ?

thank you

Mr_topcat

EMJB
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
Mr_topcat wrote:
Thank you for your response and explanation. Yes I understand I could delete the duplicates. . . but my concern is that it may be the duplicate that I need to keep! As during a full Scan the toppy may find the "wrong transmitter" first.
Select the "Review using signal info" option against "Delete unwanted channels" and it will tell you after a few seconds which channels have the best signal.

Mr_topcat wrote:
I am wondering if I were to use FastScanGUI which basically lets me select the Channel numbers for a scan (by transmitter name) and then I were to use Channel Organiser on "Existing Tx" would Channel Organiser know that the channels that FastScanGUI used are my "Existing Tx" ?
Yes, it will use whatever channels are already in use. However as I said before I think a full scan + deletion of duplicates is may well be quicker.

EMJB