Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MS 6.3 Delayed Off

Page 1 of 1
TimB
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Nov 2007 Posts: 64 Location: Bristol________________ Windows 7, USB
Hi, I took the plunge and went stright to 6.3. It does seem to be faster but I do have one, at the momnent, minor issue. The other day, and tonight as the Toppy records Top Gear on BBC2, the display says "Delayed Off". The recording the other night took place whilst it displayed the same message, so no problems. Is it supposed to be displaying this type of message? I did the full 6.3 install. Thanks.

Mansergh
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 26 Dec 2007 Posts: 71 Location: North West
TimB wrote:
Hi, I took the plunge and went stright to 6.3. It does seem to be faster but I do have one, at the momnent, minor issue. The other day, and tonight as the Toppy records Top Gear on BBC2, the display says "Delayed Off". The recording the other night took place whilst it displayed the same message, so no problems. Is it supposed to be displaying this type of message? I did the full 6.3 install. Thanks.

The "Delayed Off" message should only be displayed if the Toppy has turned on to record a timer from standby, or if the power button has been pressed during a recording, and means that the Toppy will turn off when the recording has finished.
TimB
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Nov 2007 Posts: 64 Location: Bristol________________ Windows 7, USB
Uhm
I'm not convinced, that display stayed on for ages after the recordings finished. And the Toppy did not go into standby either, even though no buttons were pushed (to my knowledge). Will get back after a few more recordings and family have been warned on pain of death not to push any toppy buttons when a recording starts from standby.

TimB
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Ok, looks like Mansergh was right, It must be a newv feature. If the Toppy starts up from Standby to start a recording, shortly after startup a very brief message appears onscreen saying something about a recording and powering off at the end. If you leave the Toppy alone it will continue to display the 'Delayed 0FF' message until it turns itself off at the end of the recording. BUT if you press any button, the display reverts to the old 'Rec' reminding you that it is recording.

Mansergh
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 26 Dec 2007 Posts: 71 Location: North West
TimB wrote:
Ok, looks like Mansergh was right, It must be a newv feature. If the Toppy starts up from Standby to start a recording, shortly after startup a very brief message appears onscreen saying something about a recording and powering off at the end. If you leave the Toppy alone it will continue to display the 'Delayed 0FF' message until it turns itself off at the end of the recording. BUT if you press any button, the display reverts to the old 'Rec' reminding you that it is recording.

If you alter option W5 to None, the front panel display will behave normally, this is how I currently have mine set.
glenmcfar
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I forget all the lingo but if you are watching live and pause or rewind then try to Power Off then the Internal PowerOff function will display the DELAYED POWER OFF message infinitely, as you will always be in the timeshift buffer.

Glen.