Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  recording first showing of an episode

Page 1 of 1
v12mike
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 03 Mar 2006 Posts: 247
I am getting grief because mystuff series and power searches usually don't pick the first showing of an episode (across all channels). Am I right in thinking that there is no option to configure for this?
If an episode is shown in the EPG as being an Alternate, is there an easy way to force recording of that showing?
glenmcfar
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Could you edit the episode that MyStuff wants to record and choose 'record this episode at a different time' (or whatever the option is...)????

Glen.

juwlz
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
v12mike wrote:
I am getting grief because mystuff series and power searches usually don't pick the first showing of an episode (across all channels). Am I right in thinking that there is no option to configure for this?
If an episode is shown in the EPG as being an Alternate, is there an easy way to force recording of that showing?
"Usually"?? They almost always record the first instance for me, and MyStuff will always record the first instance if it can. The only reason they wouldn't is if there's a clash. In that case, MyStuff will attempt to reschedule the lowest priority PS or SS until the clash is resolved.

Things you can do to encourage/force MS to record the first instance are:
1. Move the Search to the top of your priority list
or
2. Open up the search, and exclude the Search Groups for the repeats you don't want to record (but be aware that this may prevent MyStuff from being able to record something if there's no way to avoid a clash by rescheduling this timer)
or
3. Change the search to a TS and restrict its date/time/channel to the first showing (but be aware that the more restrictive you make it, the more likely you are to not get the recording at all if the schedule changes.

More information on how PSes/SSes/TSes work is available in the New Features section of MyStuff 6: Hints, tips, and workarounds for known bugs

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
albertd
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jul 2010 Posts: 578
Is this one a matter of adjusting the K3 setting?

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:40 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
No. Adjusting K3 will affect the number of TEXT matches (and therefore - indirectly - search groups), but MyStuff will always attempt to set a timer for the first instance of any episode CRID that it can find, subject to clash resolution.

Clash resolution is the only thing that prevents MyStuff from recording the first instance of anything. (Other than running out of space on your drive when the programme is first transmitted, of course!)

If you prioritise your searches correctly, so will MyStuff.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012