Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Request for new feature

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
If only I'd known about this, I could have stopped accidentally picking the same episodes of Ben 10 over and over again.

Sigh! I remember back in the day when it was Peppa Pig and Night Garden. How time flies....

Glen.

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:05 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Talking of Peppa Pig, there are new episodes being broadcast! It's so nice to have new ones to watch.

CW

glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:06 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I hope they still like jumping in muddy puddles.

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
It's still Peppa's favourite thing! I don't want to spoil anything but there are new characters and everything. My daughter (and I) can hardly contain ourselves.

CW

underquark
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 1790
And Miss Rabbit reveals yet another string to her bow (to go with librarian, museum ticket seller, checkout operator, bus driver, ice-cream seller, ballon-ride organiser, funfair sideshow-operator (win a giant teddy -"it's impossiblle; you're wasting your time"), train driver etc.).

Oh, and you can add to "Request for new feature" the ability to rename files. It's the likes of Peppa Pig and Little Princess where this becomes desirable.

A 5800 and a 5810 still in use with various dead ones and bits lying around, one Toppy with UPS and dedicated aerial; MyStuff 6.6; QuickJump 1.72; EPG2 MEI; Various remotes - URC1056B01 (my fav.), URC11-7140 R02 (to learn new codes) programmed using tools from the excellent JP1 site.
Darucla
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1544
Are you suggesting that Miss Rabbit has somewhat loose morals? Because if that is the sort of stereotype that they are teaching on TV today, maybe it's time for a change.

underquark
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2005 Posts: 1790
I forgot that she also manages to run the recycling centre, sell shoes, do face painting, work as a dental nurse, hire out ice skates (seasonal) and sell Christmas trees (also seasonal). At one time I wondered if there were, perhaps, many Miss rabbits (which would be plausible, given that she is a rabbit) but we find out in one episode that she is Mrs. Rabbit's sister and there are no mentions (yet) of other sisters.

I am prepared to accept the omnipresence of Miss Rabbit but what really worries me is that ZoŽ Zebra's left eye is on a black stripe if she looks one way yet on a white stripe if she looks the other (her father, having an uneven number of facial stripes, does not suffer from this dichotomy).

A 5800 and a 5810 still in use with various dead ones and bits lying around, one Toppy with UPS and dedicated aerial; MyStuff 6.6; QuickJump 1.72; EPG2 MEI; Various remotes - URC1056B01 (my fav.), URC11-7140 R02 (to learn new codes) programmed using tools from the excellent JP1 site.
chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I am worried by the noise Rebecca Rabbit makes, is that normal for a rabbit?

CW

juwlz
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
I'm just worried about the lot of you! Rolling Eyes

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
underquark wrote:
what really worries me is that ZoŽ Zebra's left eye is on a black stripe if she looks one way yet on a white stripe if she looks the other

Yeah, the continuity director should be shot. Too many mistakes like that and you might start thinking the whole thing wasn't real.

I've been a bit suspicious since Peppa's voice seemed to change between series.

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2010 Posts: 138 Location: Nottingham
Im a Waybuloo fan maself,

Time for yogo, I'll come back and read post after yogo

Very Happy LOL

Stuchel

Stuchel

TF5810, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; EIT Sub v0.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyInfo B5.5; Font Manager 1.0d; MPDisplayLITE V1.2; Extend v1.7; MyStuff 6.3; MHEG On/Off A3; (FastScanGUI v0.6d);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 30/3/11
liamjf
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 Feb 2008 Posts: 74
A lively debate in my absence! However you must have noticed that with the virtually mandatory 2min pre 6 min post padding its a bit of a faff to watch a 3minute episode of Peppa Pig! (Suddenly now my daughters new favourite programme!)
AND (probably because its on Five) they keep broadcasting two episodes back to back (with adverts of course) but Mystuff only records the first (plus the padding so we nearly get the whole of the second episode but not quite!)

Liam.

juwlz
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
liamjf wrote:
A lively debate in my absence! However you must have noticed that with the virtually mandatory 2min pre 6 min post padding its a bit of a faff to watch a 3minute episode of Peppa Pig! (Suddenly now my daughters new favourite programme!)
If only Ch5 would send the signals at the right time, using S8: Enable AccurateBookmark support=Yes would mean that's not a problem at all. The alternative, of course, is not to pad and to risk losing 1 of those three minutes Wink.
Quote:
AND (probably because its on Five) they keep broadcasting two episodes back to back (with adverts of course) but Mystuff only records the first (plus the padding so we nearly get the whole of the second episode but not quite!)
Unless there's a bug, why wouldn't your search find both and record both?

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
My Peppa Pig approach is set up a TS, record everything and set a Keep value to just keep the latest 5 (my daughter will happily watch the same episode on consecutive nights). I have default padding and use Accurate Bookmarking. It's not that accurate on Ch5 put a few stabs of the coloured buttons get it in about the right place. I also use merged recs to get the back to back episodes showing as separate episodes.

CW

liamjf
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 Feb 2008 Posts: 74
Quote:
Unless there's a bug, why wouldn't your search find both and record both?

Julie

I'm not sure to be honest! It's set to Series search and I've left it at that! Perhaps someone else knows!

Liam