Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  5800 facelift model tuner quality

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
richie
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 156 Location: Ash Vale (Hannington)
Interesting - what distinguishes the old silver tuner from the new worse tuner in a black panther? (Apart from pixellations!)
andyfras
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3457
I'm not necessarily saying it's worse; it just doesn't work so well with the particular conditions at my location.

Visually they appear to be identical; just the part number is different.

I think that the older tuner has part no. TDTC9251DV01C(T)

I will make a note of others I see in order to confirm.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
richie
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 156 Location: Ash Vale (Hannington)
Just an update for the archive.

I tried another facelift toppy on my aerial. Signal strength was at 40%, quality at 30% on ITV versus my black panther one in the 90s. As this did not match my "oscilalting" signal strength for my own facelift model, I plugged that one in again. It no longer oscillates, but gives stength of 38% and quality between 0 and 20%.

So I do not think my facelift model is faulty (just a bit unlucky). I do think facelift models have significantly worse tuners than black panthers. And I do think something funny was happening with Hannington transmitter when I originally tried my toppy a few weeks ago to cause the oscillations (pehaps worse reception).

So my facelift model will remain boxed until 2012.