Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  Toppy remote response

Page 1 of 1
Esling
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 04 Nov 2005 Posts: 306 Location: Cheshire
My Toppy remote (Harmony 525 universal) seems to be responding worse than usual recently particularly when using the BBC interactive services.
Are there any settings in the native Toppy menu or the My Stuff menu that can cause this?
Is there anything positive one can do about it? I know the Toppy is notorious for being poorly responsive to the remote but it's now got to the stage where I dread using it!!
One thing is I use an infra red sender to be able to control the Toppy remotely from the bedroom and wonder if the transponder attached to the Toppy to receive the signal from upstairs can cause problems.

jumbo
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
I have used a 655 and now use a 555 (no MyStuff though) and it is as snappy as any other gadget I use. Have you tinkered with the device 'timings' using the Harmony software? Set them all to '0' to see if it improves matters. I also "learned" all the keys from the original handset rather than use the database. Of course you might want to try things out without MyStuff loaded in order to rule that out.
juwlz
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Have you tried using the original remote? Is that slow too? If so, it's something to do with the Toppy. If not, it's something to do with the Harmony.

At least you'll know where to concentrate your efforts then.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012