Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  TAP Compiler Download

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
PeteManchester
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I cannot seem to get a copy either, are there any other sources other than the TopField site?

Thanks
peteru
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 79 Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact your local distributor via telephone and tell them that you would like Topfield to make a copy of the TAP compiler and the source code to it available.

The source code part is important. Once the source is available, the compiler will always be legally available, even if Topfield cease to exist. GCC compiler distribution without source code violates the terms of the license under which the compiler is released.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 May 2005 Posts: 162
PeteManchester wrote:
I cannot seem to get a copy either, are there any other sources other than the TopField site?

Thanks

I've noticed it on the emule p2p network, searching via kad. If your interested an e-mule client is here: http:www.emule-project.net

Ofcourse you have to decide which is more important to you, TAPS or honouring the GPL, getting topfield to honour the GPL would be best but might take awhile.