Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  http://www.tapworld.net/ The Most Complete TAP Directory!

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
bellissimo
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
Ok, thanks for the reply. Maybe this could be a new sorting option on the main TAPs page e.g. Most reviews/Least reviews.

Also, will TAP authors have any say about comments against their TAPs. For example, if someone gives a bad review based on their incorrect assumptions or lack of knowledge, will there be the ability to get it removed? Or will the TAP author just have the right of response?

All in all though, I think this is a very good feature to include Smile

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
janilxx
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Aug 2005 Posts: 724
bellissimo wrote:

Also, will TAP authors have any say about comments against their TAPs. For example, if someone gives a bad review based on their incorrect assumptions or lack of knowledge, will there be the ability to get it removed? Or will the TAP author just have the right of response?

There is two options.
TAP author can reply and correct first poster's comments.
Second way is to report bad posts and tell what is wrong with it. I have then ability to edit or remove the entire comment.

Now there is RSS feed that can be used to see last comments.
http://www.tapworld.net/index.php?option=com_akocomment&task=feed
We will add a link to this feed later.
janilxx
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Another wish from you was RSS for updates. This wish is also fulfilled now and Main Menu has Updates RSS link.
janilxx
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
You might have already seen that TAPWorld has a new chat room. Feel free to join in.

There is currently only one room. We will add more rooms if there will be need for examble for new rooms for different languages.
janilxx
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately the lack of free time prevents me to monitor forums, which means that I will not find TAP updates or new TAPs anymore from forums. And if I don't find updates, I can not update TAPs into TAPWorld.

Old TAPWorld had "Report old version" buttons that anyone could use. Only about 20% of reports were real reports. Other reports were made by idiot users. It took always my time to find out if TAP was really updated or not. I don't want to see these fake reports anymore!

Now you can report updated and new TAPs to me. Use email address
updates
@
tapworld
net

to report updates.

German users: If you report a new version to TAP that is only attached into your forum or TAP is otherwise hosted by TAPWorld (its URL starts with www.tapworld.net/files/...) send the updated file also to me! Otherwise I don't update that TAP. Non-forum users can not get files attached into your forum.

Tell me also if there is new TAPs so that I can add them into TAPWorld. If I don't know about new TAPs, I can not update them.

I do not reply to your reports. If I won't update TAP based on your report then there is something wrong in your report. Make a new and better report then. I might for example have not found the updated version.

Note also that TAPWorld has also other items, like computer programs and firmware patchs. If there is updates for these (or new items), please send an email also then.

It is also possible that you start monitoring UK or german forums and make updates into TAPWorld. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you rights to edit TAPWorld.

There has been 83 updates in last month and 22 updates in last week. Lets see can we keep these values.
janilxx
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Now we have created a VERY easy way to update TAPs and other items (computer software, developer stuff and so on) into TAPWorld. It only needs couple of clicks and TAP is updated.

With these instructions anyone can start updating TAPWorld. You can update any TAPs if you find new versions or if you are TAP author you can update your own TAPs.

Updaters guide can be found from TAPWorld ( http://www.tapworld.net/content/view/385 ).

If you want to start updating TAPs, please contact us and we will give you editing rights.

Last edited by janilxx on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
janilxx
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
We already have some good updaters but we still need some more help.

I updated 12 TAPs today into TAPWorld. It took about 12 minute to update all these TAPs , which means about one minute per one update.

So the updating is very easy. If you would like to become a TAPWorld updater, please contact us.

See also updater guide.
Klaus
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 56 Location: Berlin
What happened to http://www.tapworld.net/ ?

"This domain is for sale!" Shocked Shocked Shocked

nwhitfield
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
No idea; the domain is still registered to Jani.

So either he's decided to pack up and sell it, or the hosting company has made some sort of mistake that's serving that page when you ask for tapworld.net.

Nigel.

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Aug 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Could it be some kind of april fool's joke? Remember Finland is about 2 hours ahead of UK, so maybe he changed the site at midnight....? Very Happy

....or maybe he's got his new Beyonwiz, and skipped all his Toppy goods Confused

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Aug 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
http://tapworld.net works now
www.tapworld.net does not work yet Rolling Eyes

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Mar 2008 Posts: 40
they both work for me, possibly your dns hasn't updated yet.

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 56 Location: Berlin
Obviously it was some kind of april fool's joke Rolling Eyes

janilxx
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
As you might have noticed some UK TAPs has not been updated lately.

If you know TAP, application or patch that has not been updated, we would be very thankful if you would inform us about them. This way we would get TAPWorld back to up-to-date.

Thanks!