Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  Timers

Page 1 of 1
Chrisdafur
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 86
Hi,

Is there a quick way to get to a list of all the Timers you have set? I don't seem to be able to find it, I'm interested as when I set a weekday timer it only seems to show the 'R' for the first date and doesn't show it for the other days, so therefore I cant see if there is a timer set once the orginal date has passed.
nwhitfield
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
Press the Menu button, choose Recording, OK, then go to the bottom entry, Timer Recording, and OK again.

You'll now see all your timers listed on the screen, indicating if they're weekly, once and so forth. To see more details, highlight an entry and OK.

Nigel.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote
nwhitfield wrote:
Press the Menu button, choose Recording, OK, then go to the bottom entry, Timer Recording, and OK again.

Ahhh Cheers, I can see why I haven't stumbled across it by accident.

[Edit] Darkmatter: fixed broken quotes
matt
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Repeat recordings are shown as: Rt

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
Chrisdafur
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh yes, but for example I have Hollyoaks set up but it only shows up for Today and not any of the other days this weeks. I guess tomorrow the Rt will move to Tuesday.

[Edit] Darkmatter: Removed full quote of preceding post
matt
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Yes, it's just one timer whose details change. Not quite sure when, though? Midnight?

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
Chrisdafur
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I think it must be sometime around midnight as tomorrow mornings Futurama hasn't shown up yet.

Going back to the Timers, its a shame they aren't in date order as I'm find the 'when you set them' order rather confusing.

[Edit] Darkmatter: Removed full quote of preceding post
odvdveer
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 121 Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Going back to the Timers, its a shame they aren't in date order as I'm find the 'when you set them' order rather confusing.

Wait untill timerextend has the remote keys sorted. It will sort your timers for you.

Olga

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Strange, I had assumed it picked up on the timer date ? which rolls forwards, for a repeat timer, when the timer starts. Odd one that, I definitely only get the R or Rt marker for the original programme, not the repeats.

There?s a little tip to do with the timer date: As you know you can?t set more than 2 timers for the same time. If you try to set a third overlapping timers, the Toppy will warn you and ask which timer you want to delete. Now that can be a bit of a pain, if one (or two) of the clashing timers are repeat times (daily, weekly, etc). It doesn?t care whether the timers are repeat timers, or not, if you select delete, it will completely delete it. However, you can postpone one of the repeat timers ? edit the start date to start from tomorrow (or after the clash), then the Toppy is happy.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Why can't either the 'Timer list' list them in date order rather than the order I set them or at least show the programme name rather than just the channel, as I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a Timer to delete it.  :-/
tonymy01
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Mar 2005 Posts: 243 Location: Sydney, Australia. Toppy 5K owner.
As soon as Darkmatter gets the API stuff sorted out, you can use my timer_extend TAP which helps out with both of those issues you ask, it sorts timers, and displays the timer name in the window:

Darkmatter
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Just finishing off the testing of the prototype - should be available tomorrow. TAPs will need a recompile. It?s a straightforward process - I?ll include a couple of samples TAPs ? and make sure timer_extend as one of them.