Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Programmes  ~  Help...sad request...did you record miami vice ?

Page 1 of 1
philip_boocock
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I know, it's sooo dated but i've been recording them and somehow the episode Golden Triangle part 1 (episode 14) has been missed.

Does anyone have it as the original .rec file ? I seem to have managed to record some episodes two or three times yet lost this one.

Any one help ?

Embarassed
shenson
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 570
Didn't record it myself but if its anything like the way they showed The Sweeney it will be chaotic. Some episodes were shown three times a day then repeated three or more times over the following week (with different ones show in between). Others were shown only once at varying times (or possibly never)and I missed a couple.

The descriptions were sometimes wrong and at other times they just gave a generic series description instead of the individual episode.

After I realised this I set it to record the whole lot and manually sorted through them...
Beancounter
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Apr 2005 Posts: 163
Phillip, I have that episode on my Toppy now (if the episodes shown have been correct!) Is it just a matter of downloading to the pc then sending to you? If so then give me a shout.
subtext
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:14 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 07 Jul 2005 Posts: 47 Location: Staffordshire
philip_boocock wrote:
Yes, I know, it's sooo dated...

Don't apologise. What's the alternative? Reality TV, soaps or erm...Rodney on ABC1? I spent the whole of last month watching 1930s gangster cycle films and 1940s/1950s film noir on TCM. Beats the pants of most of the TV output of today. I was also glad to see Miami Vice come around again. Great escapism, a wonderful trip back to the 80s, and many reminders of GTA: Vice City. Wink
philip_boocock
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Cheers to beancounter for being such a top bloke and going to the trouble of sending me the episode I missed.

Thanks very much

Phil
Very Happy
NickC
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 105 Location: Oxfordshire
Ive been enjoying these since I missed them the first time around - and double points in 'spot the bit part player' last night for both Phil Collins & Emo Phillips in one episode.

Good stuff!