Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  TAP - Deselect AV on Toppy timer boot

Page 2 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I'm not overly concerned.... my Toppy doesn't crash anyway Cool

Glen.

scoobydooby
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2005 Posts: 518 Location: Broadstone,Dorset (Rowridge IOW Transmitter)
R2, instead of this being a TAP, is it possible to incorporate this as firmware patch? - if so, would that prevent the minor interruption to viewing.

secondly, if it will only work as a TAP is it possible that you may allow BobD to incorporate it into MyStuff as a MS menu option to turn on/off? in which case I would do a 'feature request' it in the MS forum

Tony

simonc
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5640 Location: Cheltenham
You'd still get interruption because it's the Toppy's loader software (which is distinct from the firmware and isn't easily modifiable) switches the scart. If a patch were possible it might reduce the 'downtime' though.
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
It's certainly not something that would be a simple patch -- it'd need to be hand written for each firmware, most likely. But I suspect it's not impossible... I'll have a look and see how tricky it might be.

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2005 Posts: 518 Location: Broadstone,Dorset (Rowridge IOW Transmitter)
Some advice please chaps with what I am sure is a setup/cabling problem.

I cant quite understand why this should happen, but whilst watching a DVD, when the toppy wakes up to do a recording and as the Deselect TAP runs-sure enough the yellow TV/STB comes on & the TV reverts back to the DVD, but then as MS start to run (or at least I assume its as MS runs-first thing I see on switchback to toppy is the MS loading/searching) the TV is again on the Toppy's output.

I havent explained the above too well, but in essence, watching a DVD, Toppy wakes up to reco, Deselect TAP kicks in, back to DVD, viewing interrupted a second time by MS? starting, then left on Toppy's output.

I know the Deselect TAP is doing its job fine as the TV/STB led is lit constantly, also watching analogue channels on TV are interrupted for only as long as it takes the toppy to run the TAP.

Cabling setup as follows:-

Toppy top scart to TV's AV1 input.
Toppy's bottom scart is empty

DVD cabled to a 3 way scart switcher (I assume fully wired), then onwards to TV's AV2.

TAP load order sorted in TAPCommander to:- Deselect,Eit2mei,MS,DE,RE,ABM
R2-D2 wrote:
It's certainly not something that would be a simple patch -- it'd need to be hand written for each firmware, most likely. But I suspect it's not impossible... I'll have a look and see how tricky it might be.

I'd happily give it a try Wink

Tony

mvordeme
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 May 2007 Posts: 113 Location: Germany
You could try starting the Toppy without TAPs (keep 0 depressed during boot), push TV/STB manually and then start the TAPs one by one. This would at least tell you, which TAP is causing this behaviour, if any. Maybe this is just a "feature" of your TV set when the analogue receiver is not running.

Cheers,
-- mvordeme

more TAPs: EPG Uploader | ScreenCapture with OSD | HDD Info | TAP Commander | ScanDisk
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:57 am Reply with quote
Well, I've tried it and it worked, so here's a [Ds] Deselect patch that ought to work like the TAP (which ought to be disabled... Smile).

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote
Fantastic work R2, that was quick, I will try it tonight when I get back in from work.

Does it switch back quicker than its equivelent TAP?, also is this a generic patch or did you have to write it for a particular f/w version as you feared you might.

Tony

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote
scoobydooby wrote:
Does it switch back quicker than its equivelent TAP?
A bit quicker maybe.
Quote:
did you have to write it for a particular f/w version
Yes, although I only had to add one call which made it a little simpler. I've managed to add a lot of firmwares but I've only really been able to test 5.13.40.

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
I'll batter it onto 13.65 later today.

Glen.

glenmcfar
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quote
Had a sneaky wee chance to test - not exactly rigirously - but seems to be working fine on 5.13.65. Nice one, R2.

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote
Of course, the downside of the patch is that it won't reselect the Toppy AV when you press a button, so you need to do that manually. The bright orange LED ought to be a bit of a prompt, though.

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Could there be a Reselect TAP that provided the switch back to Toppy AV on button press?

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
scoobydooby
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Matt, dont you just press the TV/Sat button to regain contol, or have I missed the point as is quite likely Laughing

Tony

matt
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
I guess you do, but it would be nicer if I didn't have to think about it and a TAP could do it on any key press.

And I'd like the moon on a stick, too Wink

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D