Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  Recorded BBC1 programme switching to itv4 and back!

Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
It worked. [Rp] RecPiPFix should contain fixes for this.
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote
bdb wrote:
just had a related but different bug ...
If you were using a 5.14.X firmware (as the AR reference suggests), then I've just found that that's got a different Channel_Start() which takes a third argument. I've had no time to look at what it might do differently, and frankly I'm not going to bother until the code stabilises a bit. Smile

If it was 5.13.X then it'd be interesting if it could be reproduced (with timeshift on?).
Andy K
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
R2-D2 wrote:
It worked. [Rp] RecPiPFix should contain fixes for this.

Are you still working this or is it semi mature ?
Is this version also likely to dump the timeshift buffer more than usual ?

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Andy K wrote:
Are you still working this or is it semi mature?
That patch fixes the specific problem of the PiP being open when timeshifting and a recording starts. It preserves the timeshifting.
Andy K
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
oh I see. Two patches on the go.

Autostart TAPs: Jags 3, Bookmark 2uk, Quickjump 1.71, Power Manager 1.1, Description Extender 1.5/2.1, MEI2Archive 3.8l6, Tap Launcher 3.5a, Tap Commander, AccurateBMExtend 0.3, RemoteExt 1.5, TunerRecAR.2
Launched during EPG scan: Crid, SeriesLink 0.35
TF5800 Version 5.13.65 PHT2UFXp5Xw3RpPcE2Bf2BqRsRh3Pf1Ec2ErEfHe1 Ra3Cf2Ct
Samsung 400Gb+Fan
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Andy K wrote:
Two patches on the go.
Two? [Rp] is the fix for the issue raised by (the reproducible bits of) this thread. It will preserve the timeshift and put the new recording on a different path. PiP should end up on PathC.

I'm still interested to know if there are other situations where this happens (quite possible, given they messed this bit up) -- this fix is for when a recording starts when timeshift is active and PiP is open.
tango
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Feb 2008 Posts: 75 Location: Newcastle, Australia
Hi R2-D2,

I'm Tango from the Aussie forums. I have a TF5000PVRt (416) running firmware from Feb-06 (because, in my opinion, all later firmwares for this model introduce more severe bugs then they fix). Anyway, I was recently reminded of the patches you guys have been developing and had a bit of a play with them today.

Your Xp & Xw patches work wonders on my f/w. (although I can't remove Xp with hdfw, which I assume must be a subtle difference between our firmwares.)

I also tried out your Rp patch, as the description sounds very similar to a bug we have when using PiP with 2 recordings. But, unfortunately it didn't fix this.
R2-D2 wrote:
I'm still interested to know if there are other situations where this happens (quite possible, given they messed this bit up) -- this fix is for when a recording starts when timeshift is active and PiP is open.

I see in your last post you were interested in other situations of this bug, so thought I'd describe how I can create my PiP Bug. In case it's also a problem on your model. I'm not asking you to try and fix anything, just wanting to share.... Smile

Here are the steps.
Note: SC10 and PRIME are 2 of our region channels that are on different MUXes
1 - Start a manual recording for LCN5 (SC10)
2 - Start a manual recording for LCN6 (PRIME)
3 - Start watching a previous recording
4 - Open a PIP window (with the red button)
5 - Press the white button and change PIP channel from PRIME to SC10
6 - Press the white button and change PIP channel back from SC10 to PRIME
7 - Press the white button and change PIP channel from PRIME to SC10
8 - Stop playback and stop recordings after 1 min (so the files are saved)
9 - Watch the recording from PRIME and you'll see it is corrupted, ie. missing the sections while the PIP was on SC10

This is a bit different to your symptoms of the other channel appearing in the middle of the recording. This symptom is that section of the show is missing/skipped.

Anyway, I hope this isn't a problem for you, but would be interested to hear if it is.

Cheers,
Tango.
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote
tango wrote:
(although I can't remove Xp with hdfw, which I assume must be a subtle difference between our firmwares.)
I've discovered that this is because the patching system didn't work quite like I'd thought, and so generic patches (i.e. if I didn't have a copy of your specific firmware when I compiled the patch) were never removable. The new FireBirdLib should contain a fix for this, so the next version of HDFW (and maybe FWPatcher) should be able to do this.
Quote:
This is a bit different to your symptoms of the other channel appearing in the middle of the recording. This symptom is that section of the show is missing/skipped.
Thank you for the clear instructions, which will make investigating a lot easier. It does actually sound similar -- the reason we sometimes get a different channel is because BBC1 and ITV4 tend to share the same low-level PIDs although they are on different muxes, so other combinations of channels here would give missing sections.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Feb 2008 Posts: 75 Location: Newcastle, Australia
R2-D2 wrote:
The new FireBirdLib should contain a fix for this, so the next version of HDFW (and maybe FWPatcher) should be able to do this.
Excellent news, I'll keep an eye out for it. I might have to start visiting these forums regularly Wink
R2-D2 wrote:
Thank you for the clear instructions, which will make investigating a lot easier.
No problem. Good luck.
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote
tango wrote:
They've maybe tried to "fix" this bug on my firmware by not letting you go back to the second mux on the PiP! On step 5, if the PiP starts on a channel from the same mux as the second recording (PRIME, above) then I get a complete choice from both recording muxes. Selecting a channel on the first mux (SC10, above) then limits my choice on step 6 to just those channels. I can see no reason for doing that.

But despite that, I still think I've got a corrupt recording! I'll do some more investigations later.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
tango wrote:
They've maybe tried to "fix" this bug on my firmware by not letting you go back to the second mux on the PiP! On step 5, if the PiP starts on a channel from the same mux as the second recording (PRIME, above) then I get a complete choice from both recording muxes. Selecting a channel on the first mux (SC10, above) then limits my choice on step 6 to just those channels. I can see no reason for doing that.

But despite that, I still think I've got a corrupt recording! I'll do some more investigations later.

Thanks for the update.
I have seen the PiP channels limited to a single mux, too (and it causes corruption for me when it happens). But, I can't recreate it at will.

Cheers,
Tango.
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
It looks like this one is a bug in a different area altogether. I thnk Channel_IsPlayable_Sub() is telling callers that the main tuner can be used if you're currently playing back a recording -- regardless of whether than tuner is being used for a recording!

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote
OK, here's a new [Pc] PiPChannelFix patch which (I think) will prevent the problem. The PiP channel list being restricted (occasionally) was another symptom of the bug, so this should be fixed, too.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Is this for Tangos' machine only or is it also a problem with the 5800?

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
Is this for Tangos' machine only or is it also a problem with the 5800?
I got very interesting ITV4 recordings from a BBC1 timers, so it's a very general bug. Do what Tango outlined and it's easily reproducible. The key thing is the playback, which seems to override the proper choice of tuner (and selection of PiP channels, too), and this will mess up a recording using the tuner that had been allocated to the main service before playback started.