Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  EIT (EPG) event duplication

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
Got the logging down to something reasonable and, with the immediate deletion optimisation, this morning I'm on:
Code:
EIT Check: InUse=10720 Dups=0 Cnt=11206 Err=0
with the last log from the hook showing it's been going for about 9.5 hours. So there are no duplicates but the partials (486) are running at about the same rate (50/hour). But I suspect it will cope an awful lot better when/if the table is full. Smile
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
In fact, the 11206 seemed more like a high water mark -- it remained static over the next few hours, while the actual in use fluctuated. I guess this is because the EPG size varies. Anyway, my experiment came to an end thanks to the wife turning off the Toppy when she "thought" she was turning it on. Rolling Eyes

Here's EITDupFix which hooks the two main routines and fixes the linear probing (no logging -- it's jolly uninteresting!). Ideally this should start as the very first TAP so things haven't had a chance to get too messed up. And you'll also benefit greatly from patching the CRC bugs out first using [Ec] EITCRCFix.

The updated EITDupCheck will now also report the "real" table size, in terms of entries that aren't fully deleted.
andyrogers
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Should the EITDUPFix tap have a patch ID allocated to it?

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
andyrogers wrote:
Should the EITDUPFix tap have a patch ID allocated to it?
It's not actually a patch, it's a hook (needs the TAP to stay resident to supply the actual code). The necessary change was quite large (and that was part of the reason I've been putting it off for a long time!), so I decided to analyse what happened while the system was running, which really required writing a hook. Once that was done, it was much easier to modify the hook to debug and correct the problem, and then optimise the correction. It may turn into a patch one day, but it may well be too complicated.

But, having said all that, I'm not against using PatchIDs to identify hooks, too! Smile Maybe once it's matured...
R2-D2
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
Updated EITDupFix to cope better with the possibility of "holes" appearing before the hook can activate, and also install the hook in a better way (you are still advised to patch the CRC bugs out first using [Ec] EITCRCFix).

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote
New V2 of [Ec] EITCRCFix. Strongly advised to use this one instead, as it makes a proper difference...

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 1735 Location: Bordon, Hants UK
Am I right that this is only of relevence to 5.14.x firmware ?

as suggested here?

Thanks,
/\/\
R2-D2
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
mike.hinson wrote:
Am I right that this is only of relevence to 5.14.x firmware ?
No, "newer" means 5.12.88 and above (with the better EIT collection). I'll update the web page to be a little more explicit.

The bugs are still in the latest firmwares, which obviously doesn't help. Sad

Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Still need the EITDupFix TAP with this, yeah?

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
Still need the EITDupFix TAP with this, yeah?
Yep.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quote
Will EIT CRC Fix [Ec] and EITDupFix work on the TF6000pvrt (firmware (2446) 2006/08/23) one day?
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quote
MrAnderson wrote:
Will EIT CRC Fix [Ec] and EITDupFix work on the TF6000pvrt (firmware (2446) 2006/08/23) one day?
I'll have a look. The closest one I've got is TF6000PVRt-2446-2006Oct23 (which seems to be 5.19.29) -- is that what you mean?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
Yup,

If you want me to test it, email me. I am a programmer... Not scared of bricking it and I do not have any saved recs atm, that I care about.

btw, The new 2008 FW for the toppy crashes the toppy when some recordings start for some reason (esp. around midnight). Unfortunately I did not think to try patching it up with your patch collection before I reverted... I think some other guys will try though as I mentioned it on the Aussie forum.
R2-D2
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
MrAnderson wrote:
I've had a look and it won't be a trivial change. The EIT stuff is something that Topfield seem to have changed radically between regions, and unfortunately even the basic routines that EITDupFix hooks are quite different. I'll put it on my ToDo list, but it will need a lot of work to track all the changes and their purpose -- I do know that the deletion routine is basically the same, so it seems very likely that the same problem (duplicate entries) will exist (does EITDupCheck work?).

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:19 am Reply with quote
EITDupCheck says "unsupported firmware"

I was using ICE for 2 years, so I never noticed these problems.

Us aussies have finally got more than NOW&NEXT ;o), so now I am using EIT2MEI and after seeing those duplicates rack up so fast it is quite disturbing. Esp since I leave it on for six months at a time.

No hurry though as I do not actually see them unless I set JustEPG to EIT

What actually happens... do the duplicates just fill up the EIT after a few months, should I sleep the Toppy each night?