Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Computer connections  ~  Top Set 2.0

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Aldarin
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Apr 2005 Posts: 49 Location: Vienna
Hi,

Top Set 2.0 is now avaialable. You can download it from the website of Sky Vision Satellitentechnik:

Download: Top Set 2.0

For installition just start the "setup.exe".
Please also read the license agreement.

Top Set 2.0 is a comprehensive, self explaining settings editor and file manager for your Topfield Receiver. With Top Set 2.0 you can edit the settings of the receiver on your PC.
Top Set 2.0 also includes a file manager. With it you can copy recordings from the harddisk of your Topfield Receiver to the PC and you can copy files to your Topfield Receiver. This requires a Topfield PVR model with a suitable USB interface.

Top Set 2.0 provides following features:
* Up- and download of the settings
* Editing of all entries (satellites, transponders, frequencies, channel list, favorites)
* Creating and editing timers
* Print function for all entries
* Export of all entries to a text file
* Import and export of timers
* Up- and download of the firmware
* A comprehensive search engine
* Automatic search for duplicates within the channel list
* Extensive possibilities to sort the settings
* File manager for all Topfield PVR models with a suitable USB interface

System Requirements:
Operating Systems: Window 98/ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista32
Interface Settings Editor: USB 1.1, USB 2.0, RS232
Interface File Manager: USB 1.1, USB 2.0

A list of the supported Topfield Receiver models is available on the website.

Have fun with Top Set. Smile

Cheers,
Aldarin
Aldarin
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
a new Top Set Systemupdate 2.049 is available. You can download it from the

Top Set - Webpage

You can add the system file to Top Set via the menu

? -> About -> Supported sytems -> Update

Then pick the Top Set - system file and confirm the following dialog.

With the new system update 2.049 following receivers models will be enabled for Top Set:

DVB-S:

• TF7700HDPVR (CZ) (23131)
  • TF7700HDPVR (AT) (23531)
  • TF7710HDPVR (NL) (23331)

DVB-T:

• TF5100PVRt HDMI (CZ) (13516)

Cheers
Aldarin
Aldarin
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
a new Top Set Systemupdate 2.051 is available. You can download it from the Top Set - Webpage.

You can add the system file to Top Set via the menu:

? -> About -> Supported sytems -> Update

Then pick the Top Set - system file and confirm the following dialog.

With the new system update 2.051 following receivers models will be enabled for Top Set:
DVB-S:

• TF7700HSCI (PL) (23322)
  • TF7700HSCI (RUS) (23222)

Cheers
Aldarin
Aldarin
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

you can download a new version of Top Set 2.0 at Sky Vision Satellitentechnik

Modifications:

* Small bugfix within the channel editor
* Support for the settings of the new TF 7700HSCI firmware.

A new system update (2.052) which enabled support for the TF500PVRt (SysID: 13417) is also available.

If you have installed a previous version of Top Set you can reinstall the new version over the existing one.

Aldarin
kentman
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
Hi,

First thanks for a great program.

I've upgraded to the new Playback firmware V5.14.08 and now get a error Cannot load settings. Invalid Checksum (Error:15728893) when getting the settings from receiver.

This firmware requires a factory reset due to the way memory is used has changed.

Assuming it's not a problem my end are there any plans to support the new firmware? I'm running the latest version.

Thanks again.
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
The flash memory layout has changed a lot in 5.14.X, and it's likely to change again before a "finished" firmware is released, so I'm not sure how much effort Aldarin should put into supporting it. (The layout changes aren't trivial to spot.)

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Apologies - I can't find the most recent TopSet thread so this'll have to do!

I've been playing with creating 'dummy' channels so that I can change the header of recordings to give groups of recordings (Peppa Pig, Shaun T Sheep) their own logo.

My main problem is that I just make up nonsense within TopSet when creating the channel (because I don't really know what I'm doing) and I always end up with the dummy channels appearing BEFORE all the other channels. So the [Sc] patch takes me to my dummy channel rather than BBC1, for example!

Can someone either tell me what I'm doing wrong OR give me some garbage data to create a channel that will be at the END of my channel list.

Thanks in advance.

Glen.

simonc
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5642 Location: Cheltenham
Just drag and drop it to the position you want. The first column should renumber automatically. If you want a blank channel, 8192 VPID, 0 APID, 8191 PCR, 65535 PMT, 0 SID should do the job.
glenmcfar
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Many thanks. Once I get my Peppa Pig channel set up, I'll need to start thinking about a Shaun T. Sheep channel Laughing

Glen.

glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote
simonc wrote:
Just drag and drop it to the position you want.

So I can do this with all the regular channels, and reorder them as I please for viewing in the native EPG or, say, UK Surfer? Interesting...

Glen.

glenmcfar
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I can Very Happy and with no ill effects! Its amazing that I've never done this until now...

Glen.

glenmcfar
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote
More silly questions. I'm trying to connect Topset to my Toppy wirelessly via FTP. I'm not having much luck. Does anybody have any pointers?

Glen.

humphrey1
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Feb 2006 Posts: 205 Location: Hannington
I'm surprised TopSet doesn't seem to get more attention than it does. I downloaded it way back, but never really used it until the last few months as I don't think I had appreciated its potential. It's great to be able easily to re-order TV and Radio channels into a (more) logical sequence or just to personalise the channel order, but still retain the (familiar) LCNs for when you want to jump directly to a channel.

I've also created a few additional, hybrid channels e.g. video from BBC1 but audio from BBCNews24 (sorry, BBC News!). Great for monitoring more than one channel (from the same Mux, of course) simultaneously without having to tie up a second tuner via SuperPiP or similar. Or you can overlay video from BBC Parliament (would work for CBeebies/BBC4 too) on to the BBC Radio stations.

By way of experiment, I recently copied the settings for BBC One into a new channel in the genuine Radio list. (e.g. LCN 729) My primary aim was to see if the TV channel listings would then show in the Radio EPG (they did). I was surprised to discover when tuning to that channel though, that although initially there was only audio and a black screen, after a short while (perhaps akin to the delay time on OneList Radio channels) there was a momentary break in audio before both video and audio for BBC One appeared. The Toppy still treats it otherwise as a radio channel e.g. r729 on display. I doubt whether this will have any particular application or significance but I thought I'd mention it for those who want something else to try playing with on their Toppy. Smile

TAPs: Control Lock V1.1; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; SecCache (UK) v0.4; Surfer v0.14; TF5000 Display v1.43; TSSaver v0.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/13
?
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
There's nothing wrong with TopSet, it's just that everything you suggested is done more easily by TAPs. MyStuff (for example) allows you to list channels in whatever order you choose, and you can swap between different orderings easily. Various PiP TAPs allow you to monitor the video of one channel while watching and/or listening to another (as you say, you can only [successfully] fiddle the audio for channels on the same mux, so using PiP wouldn't use any more tuners). One small advantage would be to be able to monitor the audio of one channel and the video of two others (one of which being on the same mux), although having channels set in stone by TopSet is not actually the optimal solution to that. Fiddling channels between radio and TV is rather pointless and open to lots of subtle issues, since the firmware treats them differently (and just because something seems to work, doesn't mean it's safe!) -- but while the native system is always going to make a big distinction between these two types, TAPs are free to present a view to users that does not (while still respecting the firmware's way of doing things).

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Feb 2006 Posts: 205 Location: Hannington
You're right, of course, and I don't pretend that some of the tinkering I described is of genuine practical benefit to many. As to channel re-ordering though, unless I'm mistaken MyStuff only reorders channels when viewed via MyStuff. As a MyStuff non-user (not for any ideological reasons, merely inertia/familiarity) the ability to reorder the native channels is very useful.

(Possibly Channel Manager or another TAP does allow this native reordering, in which case I should probably seek it out!)

TAPs: Control Lock V1.1; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; SecCache (UK) v0.4; Surfer v0.14; TF5000 Display v1.43; TSSaver v0.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/13
?